Student Technology, Agile & Readiness Training (S.T.A.R.T) Programme 2021
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Overview of S.T.A.R.T Programme
BNY Mellon’s S.T.A.R.T program provides aspiring students with a well-rounded internship experience, providing an inside look into what it’s like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. S.T.A.R.T interns will be provided with a best-in-class experience, engaging Agile Projects while providing first-hand knowledge of our culture, people, business and impact within the marketplace.
To be eligible, you will be required to be a second-year student and on course for a 2:1 in your degree. • Technology or related degree is essential. This could include, but not limited to Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Software Developments, Network Engineering, AI/Robotics Information Technology or other. • You will be focused, motivated and ready to hone your technical skills while increasing your understanding of Banking & Financial Services.
What can you expect?
- Meaningful work assignments Networking opportunities with peers and executives
- Exposure to different areas of the business
- Professional Learning Opportunities
- Problem-solving, communications and time management training
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- 10-week (TBC) summer internship assignment within an identified line of business or division of BNY Mellon that combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects
- Orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum
- Career development and networking support from a host of senior mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
- Selective & small program size by design to increase personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise to enhance abilities and build networks across the organization;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for summer analysts
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
- Opportunity to apply for one of our full-time pipeline leadership programs, please see below
Upon successful completion of the S.T.A.R.T program there are potential full-time employment opportunities that our S.T.A.R.T interns may apply for, subject to performance and business requirements.
- The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP)
- Operations Campus Analyst Program (OCAP)
- Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P)
- Full-time direct hire roles