Research and Administration Intern
At Bookmark, we want every child to read.
Because reading isn’t just about books. It’s about reading a road sign, a safety manual, a birthday card. It’s understanding a job application and the prescription that could help save your life. We give children the reading skills and confidence they need for a fair chance in life, through our flexible volunteer-led programme.
We are recruiting a Research and Administration Intern who will join the charity for 6 months and play an important role in providing valuable insight to teams across the charity, with a particular focus on supporting the fundraising team.
This role is in opportunity to gain experience within both the charity sector and an exciting organisation that is experiencing growth. It is suitable for those who may want to develop careers in fundraising, administration, busineass development and prospect research. You will be responsible for research and analysis into various organisations and campaigns, as well as proactively supporting other colleagues across the charity.
We are a small but growing team of hard-working people, who care about what we do. We love to roll up our sleeves, try new ways of doing things, and support each other so that we can achieve our goals. If that sounds like you and you share our vision and values, we'd love to hear from you.
Bookmark is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and opportunity for flexible working arrangements to support team members from different backgrounds.
This is a fixed-term contract for six months, and the salary for this role is £22,500 pro rata. Please apply by completing an application form and emailing it to email@example.com. Submissions without a completed application will be ignored.
The deadline is 11:59pm on the Sunday 25 July with interviews taking place week commencing Monday 2 August.
This role combines home working with some office-based work in central London
- Support the fundraising team by producing detailed briefing reports on corporations, individuals and other organisations
- Scoping exercises and research into different markets and sectors for potential partnership and collaboration opportunities
- Identify new trusts, foundations and philanthropists who could be supporters of Bookmark
- Complete online enquiry forms for prospective Trusts and Foundations
- Assist our team of community managers by producing thorough and accurate research documents on schools, London boroughs and local authorities
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection from and for Bookmark campaigns, including Bookmark’s impact evaluation
- Collate, input and maintain accurate information on databases, including our customer relationship management (CRM) system and SharePoint
- Assist in the production and proofreading of internal and external documentation
- Support and help co-ordinate events organisation and facilitation
- Support the Bookmark team in daily administrative tasks
- Ensure that all activity helps to build Bookmark’s brand and is always brand compliant
- Strong organisational skills
- Focussed on meeting deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and contribute as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, professional, and positive, with a strong desire to learn
- Friendly, inquisitive and helpful mindset
- Flexible mindset to working in a busy organisation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Salesforce and / or SharePoint experience desirable
Bookmark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being and welfare of children and requires everyone associated with the charity, including all trustees, employees, and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including references from past employers and Disclosure and Barring Service checks.