ETAS Software Engineering Placement York 2024
ETAS – we’re part of the Bosch group and we drive embedded excellence with our automotive software. Tomorrow’s cars will be defined by software and here at ETAS we are at the forefront of this evolution to the software-defined vehicle.
As part of the ETAS team, you'll get the chance to work in a unique portion of the software industry involving model driven development, embedded systems, high performance middleware and cyber security.
Our UK office is in York, but our team are located throughout the UK with our remote first approach to work. We are the experts in the industry and together we have decades of experience in software architecture, embedded development, agile methodologies, and test-driven development. Alongside our parent company Robert Bosch, we share the values of a better world for everyone and our common mission - Invented for Life.
We offer flexible hybrid with a remote first approach, we get together for collaborative workshops and team activities in our York office. #WorkLikeABosch
As an Intern Software Developer you will join one of our agile teams to develop our software. We have a strong focus on embedded software but our students can also be found working on our virtual ECU or within our Dev Ops team.
We use a wide range of languages, including C, C#, C++, Java, Python to name a few. You will be writing and delivering software to meet the defined specifications under the direction of your team lead. We give you real work and you will be expected to have responsibility for your own deliverables, but always with the support of your team.
You should be studying for a degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Computer Science or Engineering, and have some of the following characteristics:
- Programming skills in one or more languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, Java)
- An understanding of object-oriented software
- Familiarity with embedded software development
- Good time management, communication and problem solving skills
- Creativity and innovative thinking
Please note we would like you to start in either July or September 2024 for a 12 month internship. This position is open to undergraduates who are required to partake in a work placement as part of their degree course.
Before applying for this vacancy, you must inform your Faculty/School Placement Officer. If your Faculty/School does not have a Placement Officer, you must inform your Course Tutor. This is important because there may be the need for the employer to be verified by the University to ensure that, where applicable, the position can be credited to your degree.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for graduate progression
- Large York intern community
- Relocation allowance
- Access to discounts on various retailers
- Hybrid / remote work style
- Flexible working hours
- Short application form to complete
- 90 minute Microsoft Teams interview: Ahead of the interview, we will ask you to complete a short coding task. We do not accept or reject based off of this task, it is used as material for discussion during the interview.
- Decision time! A member of the HR team will be in touch with an update.
ETAS are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, we are happy to make accommodations within the interview process to make it an inclusive experience for all.
Please be aware that we may close our job advertisement once we have received a satisfactory number of applications. Therefore, we recommend applying as soon as possible.