Graduate Application and Software Engineer 2021
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading specialists in drive and control technologies. Under the Rexroth brand, tailor-made solutions are created for driving, controlling and moving systems within many varied application across production equipment, factory automation solutions and mobile plant and machines. Our products are manufactured globally with application and customer support teams provided on a local and specific country level.
As a Rexroth Graduate you will join a specific function and assume a full role with real responsibilities right from the beginning. The experience you will gain on the job, coupled with our flexible, supportive graduate programme, will enable you to build a strong foundation for your future career.
In the future our customers will require more software based solutions to control their applications, so we are growing by investing in our software and application (SNAP) team. Although you will initially be based at our Cirencester site, you will work closely with colleagues at our St Neots and Wakefield sites, as well as those out in the field, and of course our customers who have high expectations of the products and the service we provide.
Our two year programme provides a structured framework to guide your personal and professional development through a combination of on the job learning, web based and facilitated training and regular performance reviews. At the heart of the programme is an experienced manager who will work with you to develop your skills and allow you to play an active part in driving your own development. Your network will include a buddy, a dedicated HR contact and a mentor from the senior leadership team so you will be well supported during your programme and beyond. We aim to give you the very best start to your career with Bosch Rexroth and in return we expect you to make the most of every opportunity, challenge yourself and play to win!
As a graduate trainee you will bring your expertise in electrical engineering and programming to the role, as we want you to be able to get involved straight away. The tasks you work on will vary as you develop, and will be dependent on customer need, but once you have completed your initial training a typical week could include the following:
- Creating application software to fulfill customer specifications for new solutions.
- Model-based development
- Impact analysis of functional change requests.
- Creation of sales and relevant project documents.
- Project and process management including implementation, verification, validation and customer specific commissioning.
- Supporting our customers with a selection of control hardware and system commissioning, including supporting at customer sites.
A key requirement of the role involves interacting with customers, as the solutions you work on go into their real life applications, so we need more than just strong technical competency. You will also have the excellent entrepreneurial, leadership and interpersonal skills required to be successful including:
- Results orientated; with a desire to exceed targets and push yourself and others to succeed.
- Future orientated; learns from failures, encourages creativity and manages uncertainty
- Proactive and self-motivated; including taking responsibility for driving your personal development by using and maintaining learning strategies for personal and professional growth
- Able to build high quality and lasting relationships at all levels
- Effective networker
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effective communication, collaboration and cooperation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
As part of your training you will have a placement at another site for 6-12 months to enable you to develop to widen your network and broaden your knowledge into a range of areas from factory automation through to industrial hydraulics. While training you will develop capability in different areas such as:
- PLC programming
- Preparing Functional Design Specification(FDS)/Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Controls architecture
- HMI / Visualisation
- Development of safety-relevant functional elements.
- Protocol (e.g. Profinet, Ethernet IP)
- Drives (AE)
- Drive Sizing (AE)
- Database (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
- IT Languages (e.g. C++, Java, HTML)
- OS (eg Windows,Linux,IOS,Android)
Please note you must have the right to work in UK for this position as sponsorship is not available.
- Degree in a relevant discipline. eg Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering
- Programming ability
- Software development skills.
- Able to take responsibility for your own development and complete the required training and evidence of training.
- Good planning and documenting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Able to understand customer expectations and deliver to deadlines.
- Must be prepared to travel and stay overnight on a regular basis
- Full UK driving licence
- C, C++, python or other relevant programming languages
- Experience of Linux operating system
- Working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Knowledge of electric drives and controls
- Additional language skills