Production Engineering Industrial Placement 2021
Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers. Our current product range includes gas and oil boilers, hot water cylinders, renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar water heating systems, as well as controls and accessories.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing over the last 50 years, has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for ten years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Our UK headquarters is based in Worcester where all the main functions of the business are located including the manufacturing of gas boilers. We have a further site in Clay Cross Derbyshire where our oil boilers are manufactured.
Based in Worcester, you will have the chance to work for a dynamic company to enrich your knowledge and experience. During your 12 month internship, you will have the opportunity to support on a range of topics and become an integral part of the team. Responsibilities can include:
- Supporting the introduction of new products and technologies into manufacturing.
- Design, procurement and manufacture of production equipment to facilitate improvement projects.
- Planning effective manufacturing processes including: Evaluating the best methods and equipment required; trials of parts and methods; creating and optimising plant layouts; preparing and maintaining work instructions; supervising installation, commissioning and release of processes to production.
- Participating and leading in the Continuous Improvement Process and problem solving activities.
- Other general production engineering duties as necessary.
You will also be a key support to our Contact Centre, answering inbound phone calls. This will allow you to develop and enhance your communication skills for the future.
- Be an undergraduate student (studying an Engineering focused degree) with a desire to complete a 12 month work placement as part of degree studies.
- Be a capable 3D CAD user and able to interpret & create technical drawings.
- Good organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Has the ability to adapt quickly to changing working environments and is ready to embrace new ways of working through digitalisation.
- Has the confidence to challenge and create new ideas.
- Has the capability to work well in a team as well as independently, using own initiative.
- Has a quality mind-set with high attention to detail.
- Can communicate confidently with people at all levels, both written and verbal (including on the telephone).
- IT literate and confident in using MS Office packages as well as learning Company systems.