Assistant Hydrographic Geophysical Surveyor Bridgend 2023
Titan Environmental Surveys Ltd, are a multidisciplinary marine and environmental survey company based in South Wales, UK. We have over 30 years’ experience in the fields of marine survey services including Hydrography, Geophysics, Oceanography and Environmental Sampling. Titan own and operate specialist inshore survey vessels to support of marine survey operations. Titan are looking to expand our survey team with the recruitment of Assistant Hydrographic\Geophysical Surveyors to join our rotational field teams.
As an Assistant Surveyor you will be responsible for survey log keeping, deployment and care of survey equipment, data acquisition, data processing and QA/QC. As an assistant surveyor, your role will involve working closely with the vessel skipper, senior surveyors and surveyors to ensure project deliverables are met. You will develop your team working abilities to maximise the efficiency of the vessel and crew and always demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach to working practises, essential in the nearshore survey market.
- Equipment logging, data observation and QC
- Multi-role surveyor, collecting data including but not limited to, MBES, SSS, Magnetometer, SBP, ADCP, Water Quality
- Survey equipment maintenance.
- Working daily from mainly UK ports for several weeks at the time.
- Be part of the Company field rota, currently 3 weeks on-call, 3 weeks office based. Undertaking 80-120 field days a year.
- Office and field office data processing and reporting.
- Learning the different technical specifications, equipment spreads and methodologies utilised across projects and their impacts on data collection and processing Supporting Senior Surveyors, Surveyors and Vessel Skippers in delivering jobs within expected timelines and specifications, end to end.
Desirable Skills Experience
- Relevant Degree (Marine Science, Surveying, Oceanography, Environmental Science)
- Ambition to pursue marine surveying or marine physical science as a career.
- Previous small boat or marine experience a distinct advantage. • Knowledge of hydrographic or geophysical survey and data processing fundamental principles. Proficient in Microsoft packages (Word/Excel/Office 365)
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Problem solving initiative and flexibility.
- Fluent in English language both oral and written.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a Full Clean Driving License
You must live or be willing to relocate to a commutable distance of the Titan Surveys office in Bridgend, South Wales. If you believe you have the experience, skills and ambition for this challenging role, please apply by sending a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org