Reservoir Engineering Internship 2021
From exploration to production, our petroleum and reservoir engineers play a crucial role in bp’s field operation success. As a Summer Intern petroleum or reservoir engineer, you’ll be integral to ensuring we extract hydrocarbons safely and efficiently from our global discoveries. You’ll be a vital member of our team and support the entire lifecycle of an oil or gas field, gaining exposure and experience through partnering with specialists across our business.
As a Reservoir Engineer, you’ll focus on integrating geoscience, facilities and well engineering data to understand hydrocarbon reservoir performance, plan field developments and optimize the economic recovery of hydrocarbons. Depending on your BP location and role, you will gain broad capability, primarily through job experiences in:
- Reservoir and Well Performance: for example, participation in the reservoir and well reviews; involvement in reservoir performance analysis, well planning, or flood management
- Reservoir Management: for example in setting depletion strategy, generating field development options, or reserves estimation
- Reservoir Simulation: for example in history matching or model building
bp has an enviable record of identifying more new reserves of oil and gas. But finding oil and gas is only half the story; we’re also pushing technological boundaries to produce those resources safely and efficiently. As a petroleum or reservoir engineer, you’ll be key to ensuring we do just that long into the future.
As part of bp, you will also be able to take part in additional activities outside of your role, whether it be supporting local community initiatives, our bp Business Resourcing Groups and you are given the encouragement and time to participate.
You must be either:
- in your penultimate year of study, or;
- in your final year but you are continuing your education with a masters degree in the next academic year
Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity. If you are not sure that this is the opportunity for you, please return to our Candidate Matcher to review your other matches.