Future Leaders Graduate
Duration: Three years
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 29 November 2023
Start Date: October 2024
Through a series of placements, you will get stuck in to the day-to-day tasks and projects that make our business tick. You’ll have the chance to contribute to our long-term strategic vision and success. This is a hands-on programme in which you'll step out of your comfort zone, constructively challenge others and make your ideas reality.
There are so many ways you could help us progress as a business. Imagine leading a group of 75 cabin crew, or escorting the media on overseas trips as a PR Manager. How would it sound to run the ground staff at Heathrow? How about developing sales strategies for exciting new markets, or even influencing what our fleet should look like in 20 years’ time?
Your placements and experiences will expose you to the breadth and depth of challenges only an airline our size can provide. This will give you big-picture understanding and foresight of what it takes to begin introducing innovations and leading positive change. You’ll also gain the essential and transferable skills needed to be a high performing leader.
You will have the opportunity to work in different roles within various areas of the business. This will mean motivating and inspiring diverse teams, while cultivating a network of mentors.
We are looking for a minimum of a 2:2 degree, or equivalent, in any subject (achieved or expected). You will have the strive to succeed, with the ability to think both creatively and strategically.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our graduate scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently winning in both TargetJobs 'Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain' and 'The Sustainability in Early Talent Recruitment' categories, ranking #15 in the 'GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers' and #83 in the 'The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers', we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for graduates at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Part of the graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates
- Involvement in our bold sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and ethnic minority network 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools, colleges and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, empower and mentor students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to travel the world, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further information and next steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one graduate programme. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
Do you have any questions or need advice? We will be running weekly virtual drop in centres for applicants to talk to our recruitment team. Come along any Tuesday between 4pm-5pm by joining the MS teams link.
At British Airways we all have a part to play in creating an inclusive place to work. Diverse representation among our people is really important to us and we recognise that all our colleagues are uniquely different and bring their own originality, creativity and identity to work.
Inclusion and diversity is a key driver of innovation and we’re committed to creating a culture where everyone feels that they can be themselves. We’re looking for people from all backgrounds and cultures to join us and be a part of our journey to become a Better BA as we continue to connect Britain with the world and the world with Britain.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 2 October – 29 November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in December
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre in January 2024
For more information about our Future Leaders graduate scheme click here: https://careers.ba.com/graduates-future-leaders