Summer Internship 2021
At British Land, Places People Prefer is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by how places can affect people’s lives, whether they live, work, shop or are part of the wider community. As part of our £14.8bn assets under management, our portfolio includes UK-wide Retail multi-let Centres, Central London campuses and prime residential developments.
We design, build and manage places that reflect the way people want to live, work and shop today and into the future. Nearly 100,000 people live or work in our properties, they’re visited around 350 million times each year and over 1,000 different organisations have chosen our places as their home. Our places will shape the lives of millions of people across the UK for years to come.
We are a diverse, curious team that believes in shared success and enabling people to be themselves and work in ways they work best. Our small expert team works alongside other expert people on some of the most ambitious, innovative projects in the country, and we are committed to offering our people a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow.
Our Places and People have a commitment to treat everyone equally, irrespective of your age, sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity. If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count and your ideas are encouraged, you’ve come to the right place!
Experience life at one of the UK’s leading property companies over the summer, with opportunities to spend time with one of our exciting departments. In the past our interns were placed in departments such as Asset Management, Leasing, Development, Property Finance, Corporate Finance, and Storey (Flexible Working).
During your 6-8 weeks with us you will work together on projects that feedback into our business and support our expert people.
You will have the opportunity to explore a broad spectrum of business areas to inform your post-university career choice and give you a better understanding of the property industry.
- Willing and eager to learn
- Collaborative, team oriented with a positive and open approach
- Proactive self-motivated individuals with an ability to think on their feet and take on responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communicators, as well as being analytical, creative, hardworking, well-rounded and good problem solvers
British Land employees are committed to living our values and promoting an inclusive, positive and collaborative culture.
Bring your whole self
- Confident, pro-active, hardworking and highly professional individual
- Treats everyone equally
Listen & Understand
- Seeks out, accepts and acts on feedback
- Awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good team player, with positive attitude and eagerness to get involved
- Self-starter who uses own initiative
- Flexibility - able to deal with different levels of workload, remaining calm under pressure
Build for the future
- Willing to learn new skills and tools
- Works to a high standard and always strives to improve