IT Service Desk Analyst Wythenshawe 2023
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world’s biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Your career is about more than building a CV-it’s a chance to #Leaveyourmark
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of and contributing to a global mission to enhance safety standards with integrity and help us create a brighter future, shaping a world of trust, and a safer society for us all.
At Bureau Veritas, we value providing superior customer service and are committed to the successful operation of our information technology systems. We are seeking an IT/IS Service Desk Analyst to assist our customers with questions and problems concerning computer systems, hardware, and software. The Analyst will work with customers remotely, ensuring that all IT support requests and incidents are raised and resolved within the given SLA. Standout candidates will be excellent problem-solvers with outstanding communication and customer service skills.
We are open to applicants who have either a background or interest in IT/IS systems and resolving technical challenges in this field. Whether that is gained from personal interest, work experience or elsewhere – we want to hear from you!
- Act as a single point of contact; receiving calls and emails from BV staff across Northwest Europe requesting assistance with their IT issues
- Accurately log calls into the Bureau Veritas Service Desk System
- Follow existing Service desk procedures to:
- Provide a 1st level support service to determine resolution and/or allocate to the relevant support group
- Ensure the level of ticket quality associated with is according to standards
- Be responsible for modifying accounts for new starters / leavers and role changes
- Achieve / maintain end to end SLA’s for support calls
- Ensure clear communication and instruction to colleagues on IT related issues
- Customer focused to work effectively as part of a team to resolve issues within SLA
- To work independently and capable of sharing knowledge and practices with a team
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Ideally IT/IS related course at degree level
- GCSE Maths, English, IT level or equivalent
- Knowledge of IT Support principles, including Windows O/S, Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to prioritise and effectively time manage
- Effective communication skills
- Previous job-related experience desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Basic salary between £22,672 - £24,000
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Combined employee/employer pension contributions of up to 12%
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible benefits scheme, to suit what is important to you including Life Cover, Private health care, Dental Care, GymFlex, Techscheme, Enhanced Maternity/Paternity policy, Give as You Earn scheme & Travel Insurance
- Health and Wellbeing Support through; Mental Health First aiders, Employee Assistance programme & Smart Health services
- Working for an Industry leading global Inspection company certified as a UK Top Employer for the last nine years in a row
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.