Graduate Geotechnical Engineer Nottingham 2024
At BWB we know from experience that talented graduates are vital to our on-going success. We are recruiting Graduates across our growing business to join our 2024 Graduate Programme, so this is a great time to join us. “Choosing your first job after Graduation is a big decision and one you really need to get right if you’re to get the best possible start in your career” Steve Wooler, CEO, BWB
We believe BWB is unique, our ethos guarantees you a truly rewarding experience as you embark on the next stage of your career whilst working in a fun and friendly work culture. We provide opportunities so you can collaborate at all levels helping you flourish and grow within your career. We’re passionate about supporting the next generation and harnessing the fresh perspectives they bring to our company.
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction.
Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice.
BWB is a signatory to the Pledge to Net Zero initiative and is committed to achieve net zero carbon by 2050. We are committed to playing our part in tackling climate change and we recognise the significant impact the design and consultancy solutions we provide can have on carbon emissions and the environment, and as such will provide meaningful solutions and a continued commitment to pioneer change.
The BWB Graduate Programme
Our Graduate Programme is the perfect place for you if you are an ambitious and passionate individual.
Our programme will develop you to become a 'complete professional' and offer you a supportive induction programme, the opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented and respected engineers and consultants in the industry. You will receive independent mentoring, support through to Chartership and the opportunity to gain responsibility on a range of exciting projects.
Through our in-house PROpel scheme we will help you plan your career development and reach your full potential through a technical syllabus & skills development program.
What you’ll be doing
- Undertaking a mix of office and site-based work
- Geotechnical data compilation and assessment reporting
- Designing, and assisting with, a broad range of geotechnical design work in relation to; foundations, floor slabs, roads and pavement, retaining structures, engineered (cut and embankment) slopes, earthworks
- Investigation and treatment of mine-workings
- Site-based work relating to ground investigations, ground improvement, construction supervision, earthworks inspections and validation
- You will be involved in the design and delivery of large complex projects as well as small/medium sized specialist ones
- Coordination of site work and construction ground-works operations (earthworks, ground improvement and/or geotechnical construction)
- You will be highly organised, have enthusiasm to learn, and will be curious with the aim of becoming technically independent. The role will be focused on servicing both internal and external clients as part of a delivery team and under the direction of a Team Leader.
- The ideal candidate will be willing to accept the challenges and thrive within a growing and diverse engineering environment.
What you’ll bring
- A relevant degree, such as such as Civil/geotechnical engineering or engineering geology, or studying towards a relevant degree for the role you are applying for
- Ideally a Masters, although not essential
- Knowledge of MS Office suite and ideally industry software, although training is provided.
- Desire to work on schemes at a strategic level.
- Good IT skills and ideally skills Industry relevant software packages, although training provided
- Keen to share your ideas about how we can do things better
- Great communication skills developed through well-rounded life experience - academically, socially and in any previous work situations
- Enthusiastic and ambitious to learn and progress
- A problem solver with strong communication skills
- Personal organisation skills, and the ability to work well within a team
What we offer
Empowering you to be your most authentic self.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health
- Healthcare cash plan
- Driving your own experience
- Values driven culture
- Hybrid working
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities
- Professional membership support
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Dedicated graduate networking opportunities
- Access to discounted rail travel
- Perkbox - Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits
- Cycle to Work
- Paid volunteering days
- Regular social events
- Long service reward scheme
Successful applicants will be invited to an Assessment Centre. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.