Graduate Electronics/Software Engineer
We’re looking for Electronics, Computer Science and Engineering Physics graduates keen to start making real products for our clients. You’ll need to be the sort of person who is willing to turn their hand to a lot of different tasks, and enjoys constantly learning new things. In return we can offer the chance to tackle some of the hardest engineering problems around, such as novel applications of robotics, machine vision, and world class embedded products.
Cambridge Consultants undertakes over 300 technology, design and consulting projects every year. The ICE division focuses on Industrial, Energy, Agri-Tech, Defence & Security and Consumer markets.
Within ICE, the Electronics and Software group brings together a team of world-class multi-disciplinary experts in everything to do with embedded systems and devices – whether that’s electronics, embedded software, physics, control, communications, security or algorithm design. We are experts at low-power electronics for battery-powered products. We perform tasks that are diverse, fast-paced and challenging, which may involve systems engineering, embedded software, computer software, PCB design or digital electronics (FPGAs, ASICs).
You will work as part of our technical team on client assignments in multi-disciplinary projects for a wide range of markets. You may work on one or more projects at a time, in a variety of different disciplines and roles.
You will work on the design of technical systems for a wide range of applications and products. You will have many opportunities to develop your technical design skills for implementing analogue and digital hardware, information engineering, embedded software, control, communications and whole product design.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- A degree or PhD in electrical, electronic or information engineering, computer science, or engineering physics.
- Experience through university, work or home projects in at least one of the following areas, and enthusiasm for learning about the others:
- Software implementation in C, C++ or Python
- PCB design
- Digital electronics (processors, memory, DSP, Verilog, VHDL)
- Analogue electronics (general, interfaces, RF, power)
We welcome applications from recent graduates with industrial experience, final year students and graduates with relevant academic course or research experience. We are looking for excellence, and are as interested in your skills and ability to learn quickly as we are in your experience.
Along with your CV, please describe why you are attracted to this position, what you feel you offer Cambridge Consultants, and any achievements that you are particularly proud of. We are especially interested to hear about any software, electronics or engineering projects you have done, for a hobby, for work or for university.
What you can expect from us
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
- Competitive salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life, disability and travel insurance, plus private healthcare
- Free canteen - breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park