IB Advisory Off-Cycle Internship Programme 2021
Canaccord Genuity's Off-Cycle Internship programme provides you with the opportunity to work alongside Analysts and Associates on a project by project basis to support Directors and Managing Directors in the origination and execution of Corporate Advisory transactions. We offer a 6 month placement starting in January 2021 working within the Advisory department. Our Interns work across all sectors within the Advisory department gaining exposure to different deals and working alongside our industry experts. This Internship is for those who have completed their studies and are looking for their first steps within the industry. For those high performing Interns, there is potential that following your Internship a permanent offer will be made headcount permitting.
What We Look For In Candidates
Successful Interns are passionate and committed to a career in Investment Banking. They are able to multitask and manage a variety of projects in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. Candidates must demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, along with strong analytical skills and attention to detail. We look for individuals who are hardworking and eager to gain experience across a variety of different sectors. You should have a strong academic background; although a background in accounting or finance can be helpful, we hire Interns who have studied a variety of disciplines. Previous Investment Banking experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertaking valuations of businesses across a range of sectors using a variety of methodologies, including relative valuation techniques and discounted cash flow analyses, and presenting and discussing the results;
- Detailed financial modelling and analysis including valuation and assessing the financial impact of transactions;
- Analysing industry and sector trends, commercial analysis of individual businesses and case studies of transactions;
- Involved in drafting marketing materials and other documentation including pitches, management presentations, valuation papers and prospectus documentation to specified deadlines;
- Collating comments from clients and other advisers on materials produced and producing revised materials, with liaison with the relevant regulatory bodies if appropriate;
- Day to day contact with corporate clients, advising on share price movements, market trends and producing market reports on share trading, sector movements and reviewing investor feedback;
- Involved in transaction process management, supporting Analysts/Associates and Vice Presidents to ensure parties keep to deadlines, and that legal, accounting and other process issues are anticipated and addressed; expected to attend most meetings, and to work directly with the client’s Finance Director and other senior management.