Supply Chain Placement Belfast 2024
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Who is Caterpillar?
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Operating from 50 countries around the globe, the Caterpillar brand has developed into a symbol of strength, respect, and integrity.
The organisation has a clear vision to be the global leader in providing customer value in the markets in which it operates. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships, or new technologies. – Our work is powered by our people.
What do we do?
The Advanced Components (ACM) division spans seven countries and has 5,000+ employees. We deliver operational excellence in manufacturing drivetrain, hydraulic components, and operator stations, producing components valued greater than $3B. The ACM team includes Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety, and Operations Managers who align to deliver superior safety, quality, velocity, and cost to our business partners. The supply chain function covers many areas including Order to Delivery, Demand Management, Material Supply. Transportation and Compliance and Supplier Quality.
Diversity at Caterpillar
When we leverage our people's experiences, backgrounds, and cultures in an inclusive environment, we enable every individual to achieve their full potential, which drives business success. Caterpillar is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
What experiences can we offer you?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Supply Chain team based in Springvale. The focus of this department is to operate on a tactical / strategic basis to ensure our supply chain drives towards excellence in efficiency, reliability, and flexibility. As a Supply Chain Planner, you will collaborate with global suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for the facility production.
There will also be an opportunity for you to collaborate with the purchasing, quality, and manufacturing operations teams. Along with getting involved in exciting projects including New Product Introduction. Working as part of this small team you will really get to make a positive impact during your placement.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely delivery of materials to the facility
- Liaise with Suppliers on New Product Introduction (NPI) & ECNs
- Supplier collaboration to meet facility production plans
- Utilize root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues
- Requisition materials and ensure inventory levels maintained
- Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
- Support supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Deliver improvements in point of use material availability
Projects will include full integration into Caterpillar Supply Chain planning systems through the onboarding of all aspects of the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system.
Working with experienced team members you will receive all the coaching, guidance, and support for your work and personal development. It is our intention that you will be given opportunities to develop your knowledge and experience within a real-world setting. Our aim is that these industrial placement opportunities provide the firm foundations necessary for a long and successful future career.
We really value diversity at Caterpillar and the benefits to our business it provides – we will provide you the opportunity to collaborate and share your creative ideas throughout your career.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for people who can show us a highly participative working style, and who thrive in a team of committed professionals. And at the same time, we need people who can think independently and drive change through persuasion and influence. Strong analytical, communication and presentational skills are a must as you’d need to package clear strategic recommendations based on data and sell them confidently to production and management employees.
- It is essential that applicants should have achieved or be on track to achieve a minimum of a 2:2 in one of the following disciplines: Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, or a Business-related degree.
We will provide you the training and support you need to be successful at Caterpillar.
Here is a brief overview of what you can expect when applying to our Early Career roles…
- Online Application: The first stage of the process is to complete the online application and attach your CV, this must be done before the closing date of the role that you're applying for. Once we reach the close date, we will begin reviewing all our applications, this may take a little while and we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if you have been successful in moving forward to the next stage.
- Stage one – Video Interview: If selected, you will be invited to attend a pre-recorded user-friendly video interview which you have one week to complete and submit. You are able to record your answers several times to allow you plenty of practice if required. Please ensure that you check your spam emails for this invite. At this stage if you are successful, you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre either onsite or virtually between January and April 2024.
- Stage two – Assessment Centre: The Assessment Centre day will look at a range of behaviours such as teamwork, decision-making, communication, and problem-solving. We aim to make these days fun, inclusive and as relaxed as possible.
- Stage three – Offer: After the Assessment Centre, the Caterpillar team will review the feedback and extend offers to our preferred candidates, we aim to do this as quickly as possible. Placement Students will start on 24th June 2024. We look forward to receiving your application to join Caterpillar!
How do I apply?
NOTE: Only one application is required, please do not apply for multiple roles. You may be given the opportunity of being considered for other roles/locations at a later stage.
The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Click the apply button today and one of our friendly recruiters will be in touch.