Graduate CAD Designer - Mechanical
As an international energy services and solutions company, everything we do is focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers in an evolving energy market.
Who we are looking for?
- Technical Knowledge: Likely to be minimal but expected to follow a pathway for development. Ability to handle design software including scanning.
- Attention to detail: Ability to apply a thorough approach to each stage of the design process from concept to detail design through mentoring arrangements with L7 Lead Cad Designer .
- Cross-functional communication: Ability to communicate across all levels and have the ability to converse and collaborate across all internal and external teams of varying technical or commercial bias to enable a successful outcome.
- Safety in Design: Able to comply with CDM 2015 regulations and contribute towards design safety reviews and design risk assessments.
- Work with a mentor to ensure the learning paths both in engineering skills and software capability.
- Works closely with their mentor to prepare mechanical based designs.
- The person must have the desire to learn and develop and be self-motivated under the guidance to create drawings using 3d design.
- There may be times when working at sites are required must be prepared to work out of the office if required on occasions although the work is considered to be largely based in Salford.
- Working to procedures. Both Client and CBS.
- Ensure that drawings are produced quickly and accurately in a consistent format.
- Capable of fitting in to a dept. that is dynamic that has high expectations of meeting targets.
- Ability to attend site when required to provide laser scanning and convert the scanning results to a 3d model and transform into CAD drawings.
- Interpret mark-ups by project personnel and produce clear drawings.
- Capable of producing P&ID’s, civil briefing drawings, plant layouts, in a 2d format using 3d packages.
- Ability to produce clash reports
- Ability to generate bills of materials extracted from 3d models.