C4 Internship Programme
Salary £12,000 (£24,000 full-time equivalent)
Contract 6 month fixed-term opportunity, starting September 2021
Location Horseferry Road, London, SW1
Department CEO Office
Channel 4 is a publicly-owned and commercially-funded UK public service broadcaster, with a statutory remit to deliver high-quality, innovative, alternative content that challenges the status quo. It was set up by the government with a unique model and remit that aims to stimulate the independent production sector, drive innovation in broadcasting and to commission programmes that showcase Britain in all of its diversity.
About the C4 Internship
This new six-month programme is designed to provide an outstanding learning experience for people who are looking to build an off-screen career in the Media industry. Based in the office of the CEO, this internship provides hands-on experience in the duties of a corporate office, alongside the opportunity to spend one-day per week working in another Channel 4 department.
You’ll need to come ready to undertake a wide variety of tasks, from very basic admin to more complex logistical matters. Communication skills are extremely important, so you’ll need to bring excellent written skills and the ability to produce documents to a high standard. As you’ll be interacting with a wide variety of Channel 4 staff and stakeholders, you’ll need to represent Channel 4 and yourself in a highly professional manner.
The internship is aimed at those wanting to move into ‘back of house’ careers in TV/Media, it will not provide the direct experience for those looking to be ‘on-screen talent’ or producing content.
- Daily essential document management duties including filing and archiving and assistance in keeping CEO Office records up to date, e.g. holiday charts
- Greeting visitors and guests
- Meeting administration including room bookings, testing technology, prepping materials
- Assist in arranging travel itineraries and venue bookings
- Liaising with department assistants and EA’s
- Assist with creation of briefing documents and presentations
- Other duties as required in a busy Corporate Office, providing support to the CEO’s Executive Assistant on a daily basis
- One day per week spent working in another department on either project-led or daily tasks
Essential skills and experience you’ll need
- Prior experience of working in an administrative role
- To enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Display exceptional organisational skills
- At Intermediate level Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative and demonstrate a proactive approach
- Can demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Will embrace new and challenging situations
- Understands the importance of punctuality
- Is comfortable engaging with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Can represent Channel 4 in a professional manner
- Loves TV and other forms of content
- Understands and is passionate about the Channel 4 remit
- Initial application through Bright Network
- Online verbal reasoning test
- Interviews with Channel 4 (8th & 9th July)
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre.
For more information and guidance please visit: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/ask-for-adjustments-at-interview