Claims Apprentice Programme 2021
Over 18 months, we will provide you with the opportunity to gain practical knowledge and experience in our Claims team, which is there to make sure that policy holders get their claims paid promptly and fairly.
We will develop your skills in every area of the claims management process, from initial notification of a potential insurance claim from a policyholder, through investigation of the size of the loss, to final payment of the claim. We will also provide you with opportunities to work with teams outside of Claims to help you to understand how the rest of our business works.
Our proven approach will provide you with an in-depth understanding of how we manage claims in the London insurance market, as well as many opportunities to develop a broad network of market contacts. Together, this will ensure you have a strong foundation on which to build your future claims career.
Some useful resources to help you learn more about insurance:
- The role of a Claims Adjuster
- The world’s specialist insurance market
- Discover the wider world of risk
The development opportunities we offer
We want to develop everyone we employ, and are committed to helping you to maximise your potential while on our programme:
- In your first week, we will provide you with a structured induction programme to help welcome and prepare you for your role
- We will support you through the National Insurance Apprenticeship Programme, which is designed to build your business knowledge and develop your professional skills. Go to getingofar.gov.uk to learn more about apprenticeships in the UK
- We will provide learning opportunities in each area of our Claims team through structured on-the-job training, technical briefings, professional education courses and self-study
- We will provide full support for your Chartered Insurance Institute qualification (Cert CII).
- Our Human Resources Team will be with you every step
- of way through our Programme, and will help you to devise your own Personal and Professional Development Plan
- We will also provide you with a buddy and a mentor
- able to think critically to solve problems and justify decisions
- a team player and able to build strong relationships
- well organised, and a clear thinker
- a confident communicator
- enthusiastic and a good negotiator
- self-motivated and high achieving
- committed to studying for an insurance-related professional qualification
You have 3 ‘A’ levels or equivalent with grades A-C, and minimum
‘B’ grades in GCSE Maths and English. If you have language skills, such as Spanish or Mandarin, then that is a plus, but not essential. You can start with us in October 2021 and you have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
A little about us
Chaucer is a leading insurance group at Lloyd’s, the world’s specialist insurance market. We help protect industries around the world from the risks they face. Our customers include major airlines, shipping groups, energy companies, global manufacturers and property groups.
Our headquarters are in London, and we have international offices in Copenhagen, Miami, Dubai and Singapore to be closer to our clients across the world.
How to apply
Please email your CV, along with a covering note that explains in no more than 500 words – why you want to pursue an apprenticeship opportunity in the insurance industry, and why you feel you would be suited to working in our Claims team.
Please send your email for the attention of Alison Francis to email@example.com, with a subject line of ‘Claims Apprentice Programme 2021’. Please also tell us how you heard about this opportunity.