Junior IT Assistant Stevenage 2024
Circet's Home division requires a Junior IT Assistant to join us on a 3 month contract.
The purpose of the role is
- To support and maintain the Microsoft desktop environment required to operate the business.
- To support the field based engineers using Mobile and Windows devices
- To provide all end users within the business with a high level of support to enable them to perform their daily activities.
- To assist the team (including undertaking travel to other locations) in certain specified projects
- To be involved in the life cycle of projects
- Work in partnership with other departments as required ensuring correct exchange of knowledge
- Regular contact with the IT Manager to report progress and to be involved in regular team meetings to discuss issues affecting the team.
- To install, configure, maintain, and support company PC’s, Server and Hardware
- Creating/maintaining user and technical specifications/documentation
- To maintain and support the workforce on IT issues (Hardware & Software)
- To be responsible for making sure daily backups have been completed and the retrieval of any files
- To coordinate the support and maintenance of the company’s telephone and voice mail system
- To undertake management of the hardware and software inventory, making sure all IT hardware is asset tagged and recorded into the IT system
- Support the team with logging of and management of user calls to the Help Desk
- To undertake preventative maintenance of hardware and software
- Required to do a one week in three Out of Hours on call support and planned maintenances after a relevant probationary period
- Handle requests from both internal and external customers
- To take detailed information over the phone of IT issues allowing resolution in a prioritised order