Network Engineer Industrial Placement Feltham 2024
We at Cisco are looking for a Network Engineer Intern to join our team based in our UKI Headquarters in Bedfont Lakes, Feltham -UK. As part of Cisco’s IT organization we test out the latest Cisco solutions to help with the development and prove their value. Day-to-day activities will involve working within a large global team of Network Engineers, Project Managers and Service Owners to enable the efficient running and 24/7 availability of the worldwide core networking infrastructure.
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new Interns all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Other activities include but are not limited to:
- Work on the installation of new equipment/solutions including racking, configuration and go-live on both simple and complex projects.
- Supporting existing platforms and network solutions.
- Single working or part of a large team depending of the project.
- React to and support the swift resolution of breaches and errors so that global operational efficiency is maintained.
We are looking for someone that can demonstrate the following;
- You are currently enrolled at university studying a course involving Computing, Networking and/or IT (penultimate-year) OR you are attending or have recently completed a certification programme (e.g. a bootcamp or apprenticeship). Equivalent experience accepted in lieu of these.
- The ability to be given a task and be able to research and deliver what is required.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the following technologies: Networking (Routing & Switching & Wireless), Automation / Programming - (Python, Bash, PHP etc.), Linux / Windows Operating Systems and Virtualisation Technologies – VMware, OpenStack, Docker.
What we offer
At Cisco we strongly believe in the wellbeing of our employees and work life balance and our benefits package is designed to reflect this. On top of your remuneration package, you may be entitled to receive these Benefits & Perks and more as part of our People Deal and benefits package + the following:
- Annual Leave: 25 days + bank holidays + an additional day off for your birthday
- Free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office
- We encourage a culture of giving back to the community, and you will be invited to participate in giving back events organised either by the IT team or the Bedfont Lakes campus CSR team. Every year, you can use up 5 days for volunteering activities on top of your normal annual leave allowance.
- Hands-on experience with the world's largest Networking company.
- Support in gaining your Cisco certifications
- Develop an extensive knowledge of Cisco’s broad product line.
- Give you the chance to work with the top engineers who are specialists in their fields.
- Assign you to projects where you will learn various troubleshooting skills.
- Give you access to the vast resources of Cisco to help enable your learning.
Our Hiring Teams
- Network Engineering Access Team: We are responsible for connecting users and devices to our enterprise network across Cisco. We maintain the office wired and wireless networks, alongside several hardware and software remote access solutions with an Agile, SRE mindset and have lots of fun along the way.
- Network Authentication and Authorization (Network AuthC and AuthZ) team: We architect, design, implement, operate and automate solutions to get Cisco's employees, partners and augmented staff to connect to network by securing their access via Integrated Services Engine (ISE).
Our selection process is as follows: Application - Hiring Team Video Interview – Virtual or Hybrid Cisco Day.
Why you will love Cisco
At Cisco, we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT
We are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our intern hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this, we like to have fun and have regular team events.