Trader – Intern (Europe)
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.
Curiosity gets you up in the morning – and your relentless drive to improve propels you through the day. You’ve got a healthy appetite for taking calculated risks and are passionate about the markets. You’re also exceptional at statistics and math. Highly motivated, you can command a room by communicating advanced concepts in a concise way. You’ll get to apply and hone your investment and trading skills in a structured program that allows you to work side-by-side with, and learn from, those who are thriving in the field.
- Constantly learn and stay ahead of global market dynamics
- Work in a team environment that closely integrates trading, quantitative research and technology
- Innovate by using one of the industry’s most powerful trading platforms
- Have a perspective on all major financial markets
Your Skills & Talents
- Ability to think about the world systematically and quantitatively, as well as ability to deal with uncertainty in a rigorous and statistical way
- Interest in applying technology and/or quantitative skills to solve complex trading problems
- Passion for the markets and a desire to seize investment opportunities
- Experience with programming, scripting and/or statistical software strongly preferred
- Advanced training in Applied Math, Engineering, Statistical Modeling, Calculus, Computer Science, Physics or related disciplines required (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD Degree)