Commercial Banking Summer Analyst
Citi’s UK Commercial Bank works with business and commercial clients who have annual sales ranging from $50 million to $1.5 billion, and focuses on core sectors such as Consumer & Healthcare, Industrials, Business Services, and Technology, Media & Telecomm. As a member of the Commercial Banking team, your job will be to find ways for our clients to maximize their growth while taking full advantage of Citi's banking products. Commercial Bankers are relationship-focused finance professionals responsible for understanding the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients around the world.
What skills do you need to work in Commercial Bank?
- Interest in the industry and financial products and market movements
- Ability to build strong relationships, network and a good amount of emotional intelligence
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently
- Listening to client’s needs
- Ability to meet financial targets is important but you will build this up as you progress through your career
- An interest in technology is a great asset
- An unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision making
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and change
- Numerate, analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of other languages is an added advantage
- Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills is beneficial
One of the primary ways in which we identify the very best talent is through internships. These are paid programmes aimed at penultimate-year students (we will also consider finalists) which run for 10 weeks during summer. As a Summer Analyst will work directly with Relationship Managers, Product Sales, and Commercial Lending on a portfolio of clients. The Summer Analyst will interface with various Citi teams across the firm and around the world including credit underwriting, cash management, loans, FX, derivatives, capital markets and investment banking. The Summer Analyst is a critical team member supporting core CCB teams.