Financial Resource Management Summer Analyst 2024
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi’s core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments, and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
You’re the brains behind our work
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programmes equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Financial Resource Management (FRM) group is looking for Summer Analysts to join the team in London. The Financial Resource Management (FRM) group provides in-business leadership and subject matter expertise on the proper management of capital, liquidity, collateral, and tax for senior management across the firm, recognised as being among the most significant challenges faced by the banking sector today. Citi’s future success and competitiveness rests on being able to effectively lead and manage these key areas across all major business lines.
FRM Core Functions and Structure
The FRM group is organized into 7 unique teams. Each team works towards a goal relating to capital, liquidity, collateral, tax, and balance sheet management. Many projects work across the different teams in FRM, allowing interns to be exposed to many different functionalities of FRM, making this opportunity attractive to those wanting broad experiences in key areas of the industry. Therefore, regardless of what team you join, you will still be exposed to other groups.
The 7 groups and their core functions are outlined below
- Capital Strategy: Ensures that Citi continues to meet B3 capital solvency targets, while also driving business initiatives to ensure successful transition to new regulatory requirements.
- Bank Structuring: Drive bottom-line growth and cost efficiency through the optimization of tax-related initiatives, focusing on Citi's global tax footprint and complex infrastructure.
- Loan Portfolio Mitigation: Driving financial resource efficiency and risk management on Citi’s loan book through hedging, structuring and other transactions, leveraging deep technical expertise and cross-divisional authority to make keen decision.
- PD&I (Product Development & Innovation): Create and develop business management capabilities for all groups in FRM through technology solutions. Additionally, PD&I provides logistical support to FRM on a variety of complex projects by focusing on data efficiently, accuracy, and completeness.
- Strategic Projects: Operate as the business catalyst to drive the completion of core priorities and initiatives, such as the transition to new regulatory metrics or the remediation of significant financial resource impediments.
- Planning: Analyze capital data to create actionable roadmap to optimize business returns and present capital forecast narratives to senior bankers within the organization.
- Liquidity & ALM Strategy: Identifies and drives execution of commercial outcomes, through risk management strategies, model and methodology scrutiny, structured transactions, and other optimizations, delivering benefits across the ICG’s balance sheet, revenues and returns.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The 10-week summer analyst program starts in June and begins with one-week of training in London after which you will be placed with a team within FRM team to work with for the duration of the program. Successful summer analysts will be considered for a full-time position after graduation.
We want to hear from you if
- You are in your penultimate year of university
- Expected to achieve a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level in any degree discipline.
- You have an interest in business
Who we think will be a great fit
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
We will also be looking for the following
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, an ardent desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Effective communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Prior leadership experiences
- Strong ability to manage, prioritize, and communicate within a team
- Ability to understand complex ideas and problems in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with Microsoft Office
- High level of professionalism and business acumen
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
Preferred skills but not required
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape
- Knowledge of financial products, markets, and regulations
- Strong querying and prototyping skills (SQL, Tableau, VBA, Python, etc.)
We will recruit on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based at 33 Canada Square Canary Wharf - London, E14 5LB, United Kingdom.
This role currently offers a hybrid working model, with a mandatory three days in your assigned office, and an optional two days from home. Citi supports this business model, subject to business approval.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review  Accessibility at Citi.