Private Bank Summer Analyst
What is Private Bank?
Through 60 offices in 25 countries, Citi Private Bank provides ultra-high net worth clients with sophisticated, exceptionally personalised wealth management expertise. We meet their exclusive banking and investment needs, offering top lending advice and acting as trusted advisers to the most successful families and leaders in industry, finance and culture.
What skills do you need to work in Private Bank?
- Interest in the industry and financial products and market movements
- Ability to build strong relationships, network and a good amount of emotional intelligence
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently
- Listening to client’s needs
- Ability to meet financial targets is important but you will build this up as you progress through your career
- An interest in technology is a great asset
- An unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision making
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and change
- Numerate, analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of other languages is an added advantage
- Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills is beneficial
What opportunities do you have?
There are a number of ways to join our Private Bank team.
One of the primary ways in which we identify the very best talent is through internships. These are paid programmes aimed at penultimate-year students (we will also consider finalists) which run for 10 weeks during summer. You’ll be exposed to a mixture of training, social events and professional experiences. At the end of the internship, we offer the best people a place on the full time graduate programme. Internships are available for analysts (undergraduate and master’s students) and associates (MBA students).
If you’re in your first year of a three-year undergraduate course or your second year of a four-year course, consider our Spring Insight programme. This one week paid work experience programme is designed to give you maximum exposure to Citi’s culture, business divisions, people and networks. Through class room based training, business specific work shadowing, social events and development challenges, you will get a taste of what a career at Citi looks like. Successful Spring participants will have the chance to be fast tracked to our summer internship programme.
What qualifications do I need?
At Citi, we value diverse thinking and encourage students from all degree disciplines to consider our opportunities and provide full training to new joiners. We do require you to have achieved certain grades, and can find more detail on our job vacancies.