Graduate Building Services Engineer Glasgow 2024
Are you an undergraduate Building Services Engineer seeking a company to provide mentorship and guidance during the initial stages of your career?
As a result of our continued success, we present an excellent opportunity for top-performing students to commence their engineering careers and join our team in engaging and challenging projects.
Role and responsibilities
- Prepare design calculations and drawings under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
- Support Senior Engineers in carrying out the project design from commencement to completion.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members, clients, and other construction professionals about projects.
- Manage task work within pre-agreed time frames and delivery dates. Where necessary agree any deadline extensions with your immediate manager.
- Attend meetings with clients and other construction professionals.
- Keep up to date with the CPD requirements within CIBSE/IMechE.
- Work towards your chartership with the support of your mentor and colleagues regularly and systematically.
- Follow instruction, but confident enough to ask for explanation if required.
- Support senior staff on site investigations, complete inspections, identify issues and solve problems.
- Show initiative and manage time effectively.
- Revit, AutoCAD, Trimble, Relux and BIM Environment.
- Office 365.
Master or Bachelors degree in Building Services Engineering or BTEC HNC in Building Services Engineering.
We are a unique business that recognise the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. You will also receive the following benefits:
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Offices are closed over Christmas.
- Pension contribution.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
- Death in service scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Professional membership (two per year).
- Agile working.
- Free eye test vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Branded PPE.
- Welcome pack (personal fleece and water bottle).
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment.