SPARK WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAMME 2024 INTAKE
SPARK has been developed from a one-week internship into a two-year programme to give you deep insights into our work and to develop your legal knowledge, commercial awareness, and core business skills. With both in-person and virtual content, the programme follows key pillars designed to be fast-paced, dynamic and full of opportunities to meet representatives from the firm and to learn about our business. You can find out more about the various pillars here. You'll benefit from an unparalleled introduction to the high-performance world of commercial law experiencing a blend of classroom-based learning, dedicated skill development, time spent shadowing our lawyers and more. It can also lead you straight to a Training Contract.
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, offering local and global client's expert advice on all aspects of commercial law. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across five continents and five core practice areas designed to meet our clients' most critical needs as they navigate increasingly complex regulatory and business landscapes.
You will grow to your full potential at Clifford Chance. Bring an open mind and collaborative approach, and you'll make the most of your talent when you join our global community. Our team work together across different roles and countries, sharing their knowledge, ideas, and experience to deliver legal advice and client services that are second to none. We welcome and value your contribution. We'll encourage your creativity and diversity of thought in a learning culture where you can flourish. With a wide range of development opportunities, you'll benefit from both on-the-job learning and formal training to enable your journey from intern, to trainee, to qualified lawyer. We'll empower you to explore every opportunity – to make the progress you want.
Location: 10 Upper Bank Street, London
Salary: Elements of the programme are paid at £450 per week.
Eligibility: First year law students, second year students of a four-year law degree or penultimate year non-law students.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application form
- Take the Watson Glaser critical reasoning test
- If you pass the Watson Glaser test, your application form will be reviewed
- Successful candidates at application review will be invited to a recorded video interview
- If you are successful at the video interview stage, you will be invited for an assessment day
The competencies that we look for in our interns and trainees include:
- Business awareness and problem solving with commercial insight and an ability to identify legal and business issues. You will need an inquisitive mind and an ability to articulate apply your knowledge creatively in a solution-focused manner with an ability to explore and analyse ideas.
- An ability to understand our clients needs and provide exceptional client service, putting clients at the heart of everything you do.
- Leadership and collaboration skills with a natural enthusiasm for being a team player.
- An ability to multi-task, remain organised and thrive through challenges in a fast-paced high-pressure and high-performance environment with demanding deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including being reliable and responsive, and providing regular updates to team members when needed.
- An ability to demonstrate a real desire to learn from those around you and with an ambition to progress and gain exposure within the firm and with clients.
- The ability and desire to take pride in your approach to work and your work output, including proactively seeking feedback and taking responsibility for your own career. You will take ownership of your work, being proactive, solution-oriented, accountable, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of and a genuine interest in the role, firm and our clients with an understanding of how this aligns with your skillset and career ambitions.
During SPARK there will be mandatory in person and virtual experiences that you must attend. The firm follows a 'balanced' hybrid working approach and as long as business needs allow, employees are supported to work in a hybrid way with the expectation of working from the office for a minimum of 50% of their time. But given our work experience students and trainees are learning on the job during their scheme or Training Contract, and a key part of this is learning from those around you, the reality is that many of our trainees are in the office at least four days a week. For the first four weeks of each seat rotation, our trainees are expected to be in the office at least four days a week.
At Clifford Chance we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer, and every other aspect of employment. Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm. Find out more here.