Games Programmer Internship 2021
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of games across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are looking for talented and highly enthusiastic Intern Games Programmers to join our award winning development team.
- Take ownership of the design and development of key game systems
- Rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of new technology and development practices
- Develop best practices and effectively communicate these to other team members and disciplines.
- Effectively profile and optimise game systems
- A good understanding of engine architecture and experience of the full development life cycle.
- Design and content team collaboration experience.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organisation skills and an enthusiastic team worker.
- A logical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- Excellent Maths.
- A passion for games programming
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops