Graduate Data Governance Analyst
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an aspiring graduate looking to kick start their career in the financial services and technology sector. Following a year of significant growth, Winterflood are now looking to strengthen their Data Governance practice, creating an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with an interest in Technology and/or Cyber security in addition to Business Management.
The Company is a leading liquidity provider and specialist market maker. The company’s strength is provided by our people and their flare for innovation. Winterflood combines expertise in trading with sophisticated proprietary technology to create a range of highly flexible execution services for our diverse client base. The Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Close Brothers Group plc which is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Winterflood warmly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, as we remain committed to addressing under representation in the industry as part of our board-level Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
- To assist the Data Governance Manager and IT Director in the achievement of the IT Strategy and associated plans in respect of Data Governance (including Market Data) and IT Risk.
- To maintain and enhance the Company’s Data Governance and IT Risk control methodologies.
IT Risk Governance
- To assist with policy writing & proposals across the IT function, examples could relate to Security; Data Protection; Acceptable Use etc.
- To assist with cyclical access control reviews across the business
- To maintain oversight of IT related invoicing and cost management
- To assist the wider IT team where required with respect to ongoing risk management
- To understand the underlying IT contracts and solutions to ensure a full awareness of the company goals and underpinning technology strategy
- To assist the Data Governance Manager as required with respect to internal and external IT audits; ensuring that action points are resolved and closed appropriately
- Providing audit and project updates to the Data Governance Manager and senior stakeholders as and when appropriate.
- To assist with producing and presenting MI to senior business stakeholders.
- GDPR / Data Protection compliance – Completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Assist with incoming data protection / regulatory requests
- Work closely with the Information Security team to assist in the delivery of WINS security framework objectives
- Supporting the Third-Party Management Team with respect to Data Protection matters (Including contractual/MI updates and procurement/recurring cost management.)
- To liaise with and assist the relevant stakeholders in the Company to understand market data requirements.
- To maintain oversight and keep current with any contract/policy changes that may impact the on-going use of said data; escalating to the Data Governance Manager as appropriate, ensuring costs are adequately controlled.
- Assisting with the sourcing, qualifying and management of relevant market data streams and data permissions
- To complete a cyclical analysis of business data requirements against current provisions.
- Reporting obligations to the various vendors/exchanges and associated invoice reconciliations as part of the budget management process
- To complete ongoing analysis and review of data quality and accuracy.
- Where required, attendance at relevant industry forums and presentations
- To assist with the negotiation, draft and review of service agreements, and complete on-going performance monitoring against contractual KPIs.
- To support the Data Governance Manager and Third-Party Management Team with the handling of vendor relationships, both with potential and current suppliers.
- To assist with IT special projects, inclusive of:
- Procurement exercises in respect of technological requirements
- Analysis of what-if scenarios with respect to the impact of changes to the current technological environment
- To complete ad-hoc IT related projects, as required by the Data Governance Manager.
Learning & Development
- To maintain one’s own commitment to CPD in respect of the role’s core responsibilities, in particular, to keep current with market data terminal offerings
- To complete all training as considered mandatory by the Company
Systems & Controls
- To adhere to the internal governance, systems & controls, and management information in place for the Information Technology Department.
- To assist the IT Governance Manager in the assessment of, monitoring and adherence to current processes and controls, relating to the Data Governance Analyst Graduate role
- To adhere to the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority and the Company’s compliance manual, staff handbook and IT security manual
Communication & External Relations
- To represent the Company and communicate effectively with Group shareholders, clients, employees, regulators, legal authorities, professional associations, and other relevant stakeholders
Behaviour & Ethics
- To maintain and enforce a strong compliance culture and champion the Company's integrity, accountability, responsibility, ethics, behaviour & values
- To demonstrate the positive behaviours outlined in the Company's values WINNER which is consistent with the culture and values the Board has defined for the organisation.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent academic record including minimum 2.1 Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree
- An interest in technology and related disciplines (such as IT Security)
- A basic understanding of GDPR and Data Protection in general
- A basic understanding of Market Making’s role in the financial industry
- Pro-active can-do attitude with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent time keeping and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build a good rapport with colleagues
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative mindset with a willingness to engage with a range of stakeholders
- Commitment to continuous personal development
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate situations
- Strong articulation skills and writing ability
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and use own initiative