Graduate Project Management Office Analyst 2021
The Graduate PMO Analyst will work closely with the existing PMO team and project management team. The role supports the delivery of a complex project changes from small to large in size. The role will act as day to day support for Project and Programme Managers in the managing and running of PMO functions and Programme governance and control activities.
The primary role of the Graduate PMO Analyst is to support the Project Management Team with: tracking the status of programme deliverables and milestones; supporting the control of the Programme through the Project and Programme Stage Gates; effectively managing resource forecasts; identifying, capturing and escalating risks and issues; managing Project and Programme reporting; overseeing the transition of deliverables into BAU; supporting Project Managers and carrying out QA checks
This is a great opportunity for someone to learn about how projects work and governed in the finance industry. This role will give exposure to projects from initiation through to delivery, ranging from regulatory projects to discretionary programmes that are reshaping the way the business operates. Previous graduates in the role have since gone on to become Business Analysts and Project Managers with the skills acquired to underpin the next steps of their careers.
- Ensure a high quality of reporting and communication to our internal clients through oversight of the Change Management & Technology reporting cycle
- Provide project oversight to senior members of Change Management and CBAM
- Ensure project methodology is being followed and project delivery dates are met
- To correctly represent the departments Resource Capacity and allocation across all Projects (past, present and future)
- To manage and communicate changes to the departments resource profile
- To support the Enhancement Request process and facilitate the prioritisation of important items across the business
- To manage and deliver fast-track items changes with support from IT Application Support
- To ensure that the policies / procedures central to the Project Management function are being followed
- To manage the policies for Stage gates, RAID, Internal Change Request, Enhancement Requests and Project Requests
- Quality assurance of Stage gates, RAID, Internal Change Request, Enhancement Requests and Project Requests
- Ensure Stage Gate checks and formal Audit records are up to date and accessible
- Manages assessment of new change against the existing portfolio (costs, benefits, risks, strategic alignment). Reviews all requests to ensure that Operating Committee (OpCo) decisions are based on verified inputs. Provides decision support to OpCo
- Manages the internal and external change request process
What you'll need
- You have a desire to develop knowledge and understanding of project lifecycles within a Change Management function in the finance sector.
- A willingness to learn about all areas of projects, from business case, analysis/design, testing, implementation and LIVE support
- Educated to degree (or equivalent) or professional studies
What we'd love to see
- Self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly
- A commitment to excellence
- Superior attention to detail
- Responsibility and accountability
- Organisation and planning
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Proficient in Excel (Intermediate) & PowerPoint
- A basic understanding of Financial Services, particularly beneficial would be Wealth Management / Private Banking or Investment Management
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
We appreciate that from time to time, recruitment agencies will have speculative CVs that they may wish to submit to our Talent Acquisition team in relation to a specific role.
To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Close Brothers, that have not been authorised in advance, by us, will be ineligible for an agency fee. Thank you.
We are the Asset Management division of Close Brothers, a FTSE 250 leading UK merchant banking group. Our clients are professionals, business owners, individuals, families, and employers, who rely on our high-quality financial advice and investment services to preserve and grow their long-term savings and investments.
We are based throughout the UK, employing circa 800 people across 11 offices. Through our widespread geographic footprint, we are able to achieve strong, long-term relationships with our clients, by combining our understanding of the local regions we serve and face-to-face services.
We know that outstanding individuals help drive our business forward, deliver exceptional service for our clients and continue to build Close Brothers’ long standing reputation as a leading merchant banking group.