Junior Infrastructure Analyst Nisa 2021
We’re looking for a junior infrastructure analyst to join us and support our infrastructure and service desk services here at Nisa. Since Nisa was acquired by Co-op in 2018, we’ve focused on combining the best of both organisations to offer something new to independent retailers and commercial wholesalers across the UK. More scale and better product ranges give Nisa partners a real competitive advantage.
In this role, you’ll provide day to day operational support for existing infrastructure and service desk services, and also collaborate on projects leading to the development and deployment of new services will also be required. We’ll look to you to provide problem diagnosis, solutions documentation, implementation, administration, support, and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software and network products in an information technology infrastructure environment. If you have the technical expertise and great problem-solving skills we’re after, then we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and build your profile, while making a lasting impact on the business.
What you’ll do
- solve incidents/service requests when first contacted whenever possible, making sure they’re effectively managed and identifying root cause to avoid future incidents
- implement fixes where required and record incidents, problems, and changes into the service desk solution with clear and concise supporting documentation
- escalate incidents/service requests when they can’t be resolved within agreed timescales
- provide excellent service to end users, keeping them informed of incident progress
- assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding IT procedures
- engage with third-party support and IT equipment / hosting suppliers
- develop system lifecycle documentation and standard operating procedures
- support on multi-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business
- perform server patching / preventative maintenance on all systems, and support Nisa’s business continuity and disaster recovery plans
This role would suit people who have
- experience on an IT technical role or service desk
- sound technical knowledge of the Microsoft environment (Windows Server technology and infrastructure platforms, Windows operating systems and applications)
- knowledge of network environments and technical analysis, implementation, configuration, and upgrading of network infrastructure
- great communication skills, with the ability to adapt your style to suit non-technical audiences
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.