Customer Development Industrial Placement 2021
A part of Colgate-Palmolive since 1976, Hill's Pet Nutrition offers the highest-quality pet nutrition available through product lines Prescription Diet® and Science Diet®. Veterinarians worldwide recommend and feed their own pets Hill's products more than any other brand of pet food. Available in approximately 80 countries around the world, our extensive line of products includes more than 60 Prescription Diet brand pet foods and more than 50 Science Diet brand pet foods.
We believe all animals should be loved and cared for during their lifetimes. That is why we are proud our pet foods can make a difference in your pet's life. A career at Hill’s Pet Nutrition or Colgate-Palmolive is an excellent opportunity if you seek a global experience, constant challenge, and development opportunities in an environment that respects work/life effectiveness.
This is an Internship position providing you with experience working in a fast-paced, industry leading pet-food manufacturer. In the role you will be a key player supporting the Pets at Home, Jollyes, Wholesalers and eCommerce Customer Development Teams with their responsibilities to deliver Share, Net Sales, Volume, Gross to net and margin targets. You will become a critical player in the team to create business recommendations from insights, strengthen the relationship with our customer and achieve our objectives.
- Provide key analysis and insights from sales analytics back to the Hill's team and customers.
- Building Internal & external relationships, networks within the retailers, driving engagement and optimising business plans. You will also be the key point of contact for the customers and become a product expert.
- Provide general support to the wider Customer Development team
- Provide weekly analysis and insights to the Customer Development team from diverse sources including but not limited to: Retailer Data, Retailer Websites, Brandview, Internal Sales Information Reporting
- Provide ROI analysis for promotions & events run with Retailers and provide future recommendations
- Identify gaps across the 5Ps and make recommendations to close them
- Assist with Account Admin e.g. Invoices, New Line Forms, Promotional Nominations
- Attend internal meetings as and when required
- Excellent communication to lead and manage ad hoc projects across the team
- Attend customer meetings as and when required
- Working cross functionally with Category managers, Retail & Shopper marketers, Finance, customer service & logistic teams to deliver growth
- Attend Trade Shows and key Consumer shows as and when required
In priority order:
- Self-awareness & Personal Impact
- Consumer/Customer Focus
- Analytical/Decision Making
- Communicate Effectively
- Promote Teamwork
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent in Excel & PowerPoint (Pivot Tables, VLookups etc.,)
- Ability to work as part of team
- Effective interpersonal style, including the ability to communicate effectively
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, proactive with a “can do” attitude
- Full, clean driving license