Audit Placement Student Castle Donington 2024
Are you a driven and ambitious student looking to gain practical experience in the field of auditing and want to work for one of the best companies in the UK (we have the awards to prove it) where you get support but also excitement and an amazing culture?
As an Audit Placement Student, you will have the unique opportunity to work alongside experienced auditors and gain valuable insights into the world of auditing. You will be exposed to a variety of industries and clients, allowing you to develop a strong foundation of knowledge and skills in auditing.
About the role...
Working with some of the most exciting companies in the UK, you will kick off your training in one of our Audit areas, such as: Private Business, Big Business, Not for Profit or Pensions. This will give you a solid base of business and financial understanding to make the most of your placement year.
Our Audit teams are based at either our Head Office at East Midlands Airport or central Birmingham.
What does the day to day look like…
- Detailed review and documentation of client information (invoices, bank statements, payroll reports, transactions in the year)
- Assess the accuracy and reliability of client information
- Daily communication with various members of client finance teams to understand their systems and information
- Assist in preparing financial statements in our audit software
- Play a key part in meeting client deadlines, which can sometimes be quite tight!
- Working in small teams undertaking financial testing contributing your part to the audit of the company’s financial statements
- Client year end stocktake attendance (could be on weekends/around Christmas)
What you’ll need...
We want you to make the most of your placement year, learning on the job and developing yourself along the way. You need to be curious about companies and see our work as part of their success. So, we look for people who:
- Have great attention to detail, with a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within guidelines
- With a major part of our work being client based you need great communication skills, the ability to build rapport, be comfortable approaching clients, asking questions and delivering a brilliant client experience
- Are adaptable to changing priorities and working in different teams
- Like working to pace with the want to succeed and act of feedback
- Able to multitask in processing data, chasing information and prioritising your own workload Excited about the Audit sector and be driven to succeed in the role
- A minimum of 3 A-levels or A-level equivalent qualifications
A bit about CP...
We’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers. And this means we don’t give ordinary advice. We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue. In 2022 & already in 2023, we achieved some fantastic feats, and we couldn't be more over the moon!
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards
- Achieved 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Recently became B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we offer things like:
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Open holidays
- A flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients
- Cooper Parry social/sports clubs
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
The start date for this role will be 27th August 2024.
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. These questions are the first part of our screening process, so please ensure you answer them in full – but you don’t need to write an essay!