Tax Graduate/Trainee- Birmingham 2024
We've been praised for our innovation and fresh approach to Tax, which is why we have grown so much over the past few years. We're now on the lookout for Graduates, School leavers or career changers for our 2024 Early Career Tax opportunities.
Do you have a love of numbers, analytics and problem solving? Do you love building relationships?
Keen to continue studying and gain a professional qualification, and work for the Rebels of Accountancy?
Brilliant! Keep an open mind and discover why a Tax role in our Midlands based team could be the perfect career path for you.
What you'll be up to
We have roles available across our business tax, private client and VAT teams, but we don’t expect you to know which area will be right for you; our amazing team here will help to guide you on that journey and really find which area will play to your strengths, As part of the Tax team you will be based in the Midlands (Derby or Birmingham).
Team duties vary, but day to day you could be:
- Working in small teams to really understand our clients and what they want to achieve. Then advising them on how to get there
- Turning complex jargon into simple terms and actions for our brilliant clients
- Making sure our clients are compliant by preparing and submitting their tax returns
- Liaising with HMRC around tax returns and gaining tax reliefs
- Generating new ideas, solutions and spotting opportunities to enhance our client offering
- Studying for your ATT/CTA or ACA/CTA Chartered Qualification and keeping up to date with changes to legislation and the impact they may have on our clients
- Supporting and coaching other trainees as you progress - going on to own a small portfolio of clients
- We’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported every step of the way with your career development
What we're looking for
Studying for a professional qualification and working is not an easy pathway. You will need to be committed and have amazing project management skills to balance studies and the day job. You need great attention to detail, a passion for numbers, can think on your feet and problem solve as you go. As the major part of our work is client based, you need to be comfortable approaching clients and asking questions and really build relationships with them. We look for people who:
- Who love asking questions and are great at listening to the answers
- Are comfortable working on multiple projects and able to manage their own priorities
- Take ownership of their own development
- Like working at pace with the ability to turn work around quickly and accurately
- A logical thinker who can analyse and interpret data.
- Are able to communicate complex information in a clear and concise way both verbally and in writing.
- Are curious to find the best way of doing things
- Can deliver a brilliant client experience
- A minimum of 3 A-levels or A-level equivalent qualifications for school leavers, or bachelor’s degree in any subject for graduates
A bit about CP...
We’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers. And this means we don’t give ordinary advice. We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue. In 2022 & already in 2023, we achieved some fantastic feats, and we couldn't be more over the moon!
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards
- Achieved 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Recently became B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we offer things like:
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Open holidays
- Robust support to see you through your qualification
- A flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients
- Cooper Parry social/sports clubs
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
The start date for this role will be 27th August 2024.
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. These questions are the first part of our screening process, so please ensure you answer them in full – but you don’t need to write an essay!