Tech & High Growth Audit Graduate London 2024
Do you have an interest in emerging technologies and how it is shaping the future? Can you imagine working with rapidly growing start-ups and scaleups in the tech sector?
Keen to continue studying and gain a professional qualification?
Well, this is very different to your average generalist Audit Graduate role and we aren’t your usual audit team.
We are part of the Tech & High Growth team in Broadgate, London, working together as a unit to put fast scaling companies in the best position to fly! We see our clients’ success as our success, and we are looking for people just as ambitious as us to join the THG family.
About the role
Our team are leading the way in the Tech & Scale Up sector, which shows through our exceptional growth and our clients trust and satisfaction in the service they receive. We support the founders and the finance teams in these companies to deal with the challenges of rapid expansion.
You will kick off your training in audit to get a solid base of business and financial understanding and within years you will be leading and taking charge of a team not only supporting these clients but also supporting the next generation of CP trainees. Day to day you could be;
- Reviewing financial records to identify risks, improvements and ensure records show a “true and fair” financial view
- Working in small teams undertaking financial testing contributing your part to the wider set of accounts
- Managing several priorities to deliver high quality results
- Effectively planning and organising to ensure all client work is carried out within the appropriate timescales set by the manager and providing regular updates to the manager without being prompted
- Problem solving to clear audit issues and being confident to seek guidance and support from colleagues and managers when required
- Studying for your ACA Chartered Accountant Qualification via a 3 year apprenticeship, attending college on block release.
What you’ll need
Studying for a professional qualification and working is not an easy pathway. You will need to be committed and have amazing project management skills to balance studies and the day job. So, we look for people who:
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in working with Tech & High Growth companies
- Like working to pace with an insatiable hunger to succeed
- Able to deliver a brilliant client experience through clear effective communication
- Motivated to achieve the qualification.
- Great attention to detail, a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within guidelines.
- Comfortable approaching clients and asking questions.
- Curious about growth companies and see our work as part of their success.
We’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported every step of the way with your career development.
A bit about CP
We’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers. And this means we don’t give ordinary advice. We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue. In 2022 & already in 2023, we achieved some fantastic feats, and we couldn't be more over the moon!
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards
- Achieved 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Recently became B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
What's in it for you?
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we offer things like:
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Open holidays
- Robust support to see you through your qualification
- A flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients
- Cooper Parry social/sports clubs
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
The start date for this role will be 27th August 2024.
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. These questions are the first part of our screening process, so please ensure you answer them in full – but you don’t need to write an essay!