Graduate Software Engineer 2021
Exciting opportunities for Graduate Software Engineers have arisen on a number of projects across the UK. Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures. Costain offers a range of exciting development opportunities to accelerate your career and enable you to achieve your potential both during and after the Graduate Development Scheme
The Costain Graduate Development Scheme is an intensive 2-year programme designed to equip high flying graduates with the skills and experience required to take them forward in their career with the company. Organic rotation opportunities are avalibale after 12 months to another sector and other areas of the business. We offer mentoring and support in every area of work, as well as a structured training programme to enable graduates to work towards achieving their Chartership. Graduates will work on a number of projects around the UK during the 2-year programme, in sectors including nuclear, highways, energy, defence, rail, water, airports and tunnels.
Costain are looking for graduates who are passionate about the opportunities presented by the 4th Industrial revolution, are inspired by our purpose and would like to be at the forefront of the use of technology in infrastructure to deliver our strategy. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with end-user teams to identify and scope out existing challenges or inefficiencies, then addressing these through the introduction or development of new technologies.
Costain have project-based roles all over the UK. The current vacancies include working on the “Thames Tideway” project based in London and on the highways “Regional Delivery Partnership” frameworks in northern England. The role will be supported by our technology capability centre in Worle (near Bristol) with the opportunity of a secondment there in the future.
Opportunites in the following locations:
- London - Thames Tideway Tunnel
- North East- RDP North
- Chelmsford - A12
- Degree in a software, technology or engineering subject
- Hands on experience gained during industrial placements / degree projects.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office elements including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Exposure to SQL or noSQL database
- Knowledge of Windows or Linux development
- Basic understanding of cyber security
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- Curious to learn and expand skills
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits. As well as a competitive salary, our employees enjoy a comprehensive core benefits package which includes:
- Group Pension Plan, to help you save for the future
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help employees and their families balance the pressures of work and home life
- Incentive payments to recognise high-performance
- Life assurance, to help protect your loved ones financially
- Funded membership to a professional Institute
- Private healthcare and dental packages
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership, to keep you as fit and as healthy as you can be
- Volunteering days, so you can give back to your local community
- Save as You Earn (SAYE) scheme, that lets you save towards buying shares in Costain