Cowi Graduate Engineer 2021
Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Can you add to our success, whilst also developing your career and reputation? Then join us in designing the future!
Join our Cowi international team in York
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the UK team, you will support local and international projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, hydro, and more.
You will be joined by hundreds of skilled experts, collaborating over the entire lifecycle of a project – from idea, concept, and design, to operation and maintenance within our portfolio of tunnels & underground structures, bridges, complex structures, ground engineering, and reclamation projects.
Design the future with a global team of experts
In this position, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with an established team of professional engineers. Your primary task will be to undertake basic calculations of design work on various specialist design projects.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Production of engineering design and details in accordance with project requirements
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and checking of drawings
- Checking of design calculations and drawings done by other engineers
- Site visits as required
COWI is a leader within our field because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
Your skills, our team. Together, we design the future
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute your expertise and get to learn from the best. To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be self-motivated with good interpersonal skills and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Furthermore, you shall
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master's degree either in Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Engineering Geology or Hydrogeology and aspire to become a Chartered professional along with some experience of working in a design environment (including a year in industry or summer placements).
- Be familiar with either UK standards or equivalent European or Euro Codes.
- Possess an understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers' requirements
- Understand the requirements regarding the risk assessment process
- Have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Do you have any questions?
Please call our Recruitment Partner, Ciaran Gilfedder at +44 1412482410.