International Internship Program (Field Customer Support) 2023
Wondering what’s within Beckman Coulter Diagnostics? Take a closer look.
At first glance, you’ll see that for more than 80 years we’ve been dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and healthcare forward. Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. We’re building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. Look again and you’ll see we are invested in you, providing the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful.
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we’re working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges.
And no matter where you look here, at the heart of what we do, you’ll witness our shared purpose - helping realize life’s potential - in action. Our work helps improve millions of lives.
About the role
The Intern position is part of the Customer Care Department located in several countries in Europe and will be fully remote. At Beckman Coulter, our vision is to relentlessly reimagine healthcare, one diagnosis at a time. You'll become the face of Beckman Coulter to customers and support them, directly impacting patient health and overall well-being.
You will be a part of the Customer care team and report to a Regional Customer Care Manager responsible for ensure customer satisfaction in the field. If you thrive in an amazing role and want to work to build a world-class Customer Care organization—read on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and build knowledge to understand the industry, the company, the products, tools, and the team. This is supported with a clear Development Pathway program as part our culture to develop and grow our teams.
- Be supported by a strong leadership team, involved in keys projects to deliver successful installations for our Customer’s that meet their requirements and that of our company
- Learn how to complete troubleshooting, installation, validation, preventative maintenance, modifications and repairs on Beckman Coulter equipment.
- Support laboratory systems in the field of clinical diagnostics and automation. With the help of your mentor you'll partner with the customer not only on technical issues, but how to maximize the instrument's usage.
- Associate degree or close to complete (Bioengineering & Biotechnology, Engineer & Technology, biomedical, instrumentation, electrical engineering, Robotic, Computer Science, Materials Science, Game Development, Health informatics or related). This role is open to students pursuing a bachelor degree, preferably students in their last year of studies.
- Hold a current valid driver’s license. Ability and wish to travel and provide support in assigned geography to reach different solutions and Customers. Potential growth opportunities to this role will require the Associates to drive Beckman Coulter vehicles following the Danaher Company Vehicle Policy.
- Fluent in English verbal and written (Use CEFR - Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Love to learn and make an impact in everyone’s health everyday
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Some marginal experience in diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, robotics, and/or electronic medical equipment, familiar with IT infrastructures even not in professional environment.
- Self-motivate, well self-organized, high level of initiative. Proficient oral and written communication skills. Collaborates well in a team environment. Sensitive to clients’s need, can develop warm client relationships.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a Customer Care department, in a multinational company, market leader and dynamic environment.
- Access to best in class resources, tools and technology. Our Automation Laboratory systems has been the precursor of the most modern technologies and still set the standard of excellence in fast and accurate diagnostic resulting in saving and improving lifes.
- The opportunity to learn from experienced professionals and to experience a wide onboarding process
- Well-being initiatives, a friendly work environment and the opportunity to attend several e-learning training courses.
- The opportunity to exchange views with employees from different countries
- Typical duration is 6 to 12 months with real opportunities for internal growth
The person, after a period of training and with the support of the tutor and the team, will be involved in various project activities within different teams and customers.
At Beckman Coulter Diagnostics we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home when not at customer site. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team.
We believe that creativity and innovation thrive when the most diverse set of voices are heard, and that’s why we’re taking concrete steps to ensure that we’re fostering an inclusive and engaging workplace for our team. If you’d like to learn more, read stories from our associates on our Careers Blog or contact one of our recruiters.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.