Graduate Development Manager
Dandara Living is one of the UK’s leading designers, developers, and operators of large-scale Build-to-Rent property, with a proven track record in creating and delivering award-winning, landmark residential developments. With unparalleled market knowledge and technical expertise, our extensive in-house experience encompasses land acquisition, design, development, procurement, site delivery as well as property and asset management.
We are looking for a Graduate Development Manager to join our busy Altrincham development team working on large city centre construction projects. This role offers an opportunity to develop your skills, BTR market knowledge, preconstruction processes, design and project management, analytical ability and interpersonal skills. You’ll work with a broad spectrum of parties including consultants, local authorities, other third-party organisations through to the construction delivery teams.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the Development Manager with day-to-day duties.
- Assist with the preparation of the Development Programme, including master planning, phasing and sequencing of preconstruction activities.
- Monitor and report against the Development Programme.
- Assess project constraints and report progress to the Team.
- Liaise with Estimating to assist the Development Manager and Team in formulating the Cost Plan.
- Assist in monitoring the pre-construction parties for compliance with their duties under the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Understand the construction processes, materials, systems and procedures involved in delivery of large projects in terms of health and safety, cost, programme and quality.
- Become familiar with the company and your own responsibilities for health and safety and how this is implemented at all stages.
- Understand the design process, Contractual relationships, parties involved, their roles and responsibilities.
- Assist the Development Managers in monitoring progress and report preparation.
- Understand the procurement process including appoint of designers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Participate in meetings as and when requested to do so.
- Engage with necessary training, as required, for personal development and for the successful delivery of the role.
- Understand the importance of effective communication to all members of a project.
- Passionate about construction and development.
- Completed or due to complete an MICE or MCIOB accredited undergraduate or postgraduate degree by September 2022.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and well organised.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise effectively.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality work.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office.