Legal Privacy Internship
The Privacy Intern will be part of the Privacy Legal team and will be involved in a wide range of privacy-related matters and contributing to our ongoing mission to create a best in class privacy programme for VMware. The Privacy team is part of the VMware Product Technology and Law Group and are responsible for managing VMware’s Privacy compliance both internally and as a provider of products and services.
Why work with VMware?
- We believe our technology is a force for good and at the heart of everything we do is our people
- Our culture fosters a fun, casual and inviting environment. Bring your true self to work!
- As an intern you will receive training, support, and mentorship throughout your program
- Work as part of an inclusive international team and learn from some of the best in the business
- Enjoy an environment where your ideas matter, where you can be creative and have a real impact
- Structured training at the start of your VMware journey
- Opportunity to develop and grow in role or explore other areas of the business
- Future opportunity to apply to a permanent Graduate role with us
- Support the Privacy team in conducting Privacy assessments;
- Support the maintenance of a global corporate data privacy program and compliance standards working in close collaboration with the wider Data Privacy Office team;
- Assist the Privacy team to provide guidance, support and leadership on privacy and data protection legislation and regulation in Europe particularly the GDPR.
- Collaborate with and support other lawyers with respect to legal forms, agreements, policies and notices in order to protect commercial and legal position in relation to data privacy requirements.
- Support critical incident management processes in addressing suspected or actual data privacy and security incidents.
- Assist with training and education to legal staff, management and employees relating to data privacy and protection in Europe, including key legal issues, laws and regulations, corporate policies and other relevant matters.
- You will need to be studying towards a degree in a Legal discipline and eligible for a formal Industrial Placement year as part of your studies
- Desire to work in Data Protection/Privacy;
- Organizational skills, time management, attention to detail and a proactive approach
- Desire to work innovative environment and interact with management level personnel
- Must be an undergraduate - Graduating in 2022 or later
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in UK may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles.