Data and Analytics Quality Placement 2021
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore.
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project, influencing the evolution of Dyson technology.
About the role
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, and the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology. You’ll be working as part of a larger project team and have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Working as part of the Quality function, your role will be to analyse data on our how our products perform, working closely with the markets to understand consumer feedback and insights. You will be inquisitive, a self-starter and passionate about using data in order to tell a story.
You will be assigned to a live project team putting your skill set into practice from the get go. Some of your tasks may include:
- Supporting and maintaining existing reports and dashboards
- Capturing clear requirements direct from business stakeholders
- Iterating report solutions using a design, build and test methodology
- Using best practice design and visualisation techniques to allow users to see and understand their data
- Creating analytical solutions that impress, inspire and become essential tools
- Review and deliver insightful recommendations based on analytical solutions
Working alongside engineers, scientists and technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions.
For the duration of your internship, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme.
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for a 2:1 or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Physics or Information Systems or related degree
- Able to commit to 12 months, starting at the end of August 2021
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve problems with an analytical and logical approach
- Able to understand and manipulate large and complex data sets
- Enthusiastic about data analysis and data visualization (e.g. tableau or statistical experience) - this can be demonstrated through your projects or past experience
A quick learner and an effective communicator – to be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment. Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and joining bonus
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance