Hardware/Electronics Internship 2021
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be part of a global network of like-minded people, working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson machines.
At our UK Technology Campus, we have opportunities for 3 & 6-month internships starting in the summer of 2021, for penultimate year students who are eager to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
About the role
To make our machines intelligent we need a broad range of electronics skills, from analogue and digital circuit design to power systems and motors. Whatever your specialism you’ll be creating the hardware that makes our products smart and reliable.
Depending on your skills and experiences you could be contributing toward end to end Hardware development from circuit design, simulation and verification testing to providing support to suppliers during Mass Production manufacturing. Some of your tasks could include:
- Electronic circuit design across a range of regimes, from mains-powered high voltage products to complex high-speed digital logic systems.
- Testing and analysis of electronics at circuit and product level for new designs.
- Testing and assessing the reliability and robustness of our designs.
- Solving electronics challenges to create better, faster, more cost-effective solutions for Dyson’s unique products
Whatever you’re doing the work will be challenging, varied and you’ll be in the thick of things. You’ll be collaborating with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, including product developers, ensuring our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
For the duration of your internship, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. And it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Be on track for a 2:1 or above in an electrical/electronic engineering (or related) degree
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events
- Showcase a passion for Dyson and our Technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and joining bonus
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance