Associate SAP London 2024
The Associate is responsible for ensuring the support; maintenance and enhancements of the Bank’s SAP applications and analytic tools are aligned to the Bank’s business priorities and IT quality standards.
The role includes the enhancement, maintenance and support of multiple business applications and associated initiatives, which are based on enterprise development platforms and related frameworks, often-involving collaboration with internal application owners, third party service providers, and other members of staff. This role will require the individual to apply both business and technical expertise to ensure Bank Users services and requirements are maintained.
The role holder will be expected to adhere to the core principles of the IT department, these include, but are not limited to - putting our users first; delivering technology that is useful, elegant and reliable; knowledgeable and engaging about both technology and our business; reliable and effective in both provision and execution; innovative and inquisitive; integral to the success of the Bank.
Accountabilities & Responsibilties
- Interpret and analyse users’ requirements and priorities to shape their requirements from a system perspective.
- Work closely with the Bank’s Users to help articulate any system issues or incidents they may have.
- Conduct in-depth analysis and investigation into SAP issues and recommend best practice solutions to ensure day-to-day operations in the Bank are not compromised.
- Utilise expert knowledge of the SAP Implementation Guide (IMG) to design and implement configuration changes.
- Ensure critical business processes are understood and plans are in place to support key activities, such as financial period ends, payroll, pay etc.
- Ensure system documentation is up to date and third parties have the requisite information to perform the required services for support, maintenance and enhancements at EBRD.
- Coordinate with third parties and other support teams to ensure acceptance criteria, integration and user testing is defined and planned.
- Coordinate the transition of defects and enhancements to production in line with EBRD ITIL processes.
- Maintain and improve expected service levels of the key applications you support and maintain.
- Create, plan and deliver User training as required.
- Follow and improve defined working practices, standards, processes and practices.
- Contribute to the community of practice that you belong to.
- To follow standard development working practices e.g.
- Participate in all the daily and weekly ceremonies in your team
- Test driven development, Behaviour driven development, Test Automation, Secure by design
- Work with users from Business teams and Product Owner, as appropriate, to understand user needs and develop appropriately innovative and practical solutions.
- Estimate with your team colleagues, such as, Business Analyst (BA), Quality Assurer (QA), developers.
- Work closely with your team members to build or enhance systems.
- To liaise with members of the Infrastructure and Operations team, as necessary to ensure consistent implementation of features into a test and production environment, either via associated DevOps tooling, or manually as appropriate.
- Delivering operational automation and continuous improvement in conjunction with Suppliers and IT Operations.
- Follow the Internal control processes and ensure completion on time and with accuracy.
- Helping your team to succeed at all times and continuously improve.
- Motivate self to continually reflect and adapt to improve quality and delivery cadence
- Liaise with external stakeholders (consultancy firms, software vendors, service providers, etc.) to ensure that technical deliverables are progressed optimally and appropriately;
- Participate in the technical development programme in order to ensure that system changes, patches, enhancements and developments are sound, support the Bank’s operational priorities and are conducted according to the Bank’s and IT’s procedures.
- Provide production support coverage of business application responsible incidents as required.
- Helping others, by undertaking general tasks not related to your core discipline if required.
- Deputise for the Principal, Software Delivery Team Lead during periods of absence to ensure overall accountability for the SAP System, in conjunction with the Associate Director, Capability lead.
- Role incumbents require considerable experience and an in-depth knowledge of one or more of the SAP modules used by the Bank as per the specialisms below. Role incumbents also require a common awareness of the other areas of specialism specified below.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience and it is desirable to have an appropriate certification relating to the technical specialism that the role requires.
- Experience of developing and maintaining software in a formal system using source control management and controlled gates with relevant artefacts to support design, quality and support.
- Strong analytical and problem solving gained from hands on experience of SAP configuration in response to business requirements.
- Being persistent and resilient
- Possesses strong investigative and analytical qualities
- Experience delivering test automation or frameworks
- Excellent communicator in English - both written and verbal.
- A team player with a positive and constructive attitude towards work and colleagues.
- A diligent and conscientious approach to completing work on time and to an agreed, acceptable level of quality is required
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment.
The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.