Knowledge Management Intern
You will be working within the Knowledge Management (KM) team supporting the function initiatives. The team consists of 3 full time personnel who are responsible for connecting content to people, tools to people and people to people, to make projects and business development (BD) activities more effective and efficient. The KM team sits within the broader Knowledge function, which also includes our Research & Insights team (currently 2 onsite personnel and several offshore retained personnel).
The successful candidate will join Efficio’s Knowledge Management organisation and, in coordination with other team members, will support the development and execution of Efficio’s Knowledge Management activities. Our knowledge content includes project documentation, templates, benchmarking data (e.g. pricing information), structured data (supplier / spend data / taxonomies), research and BD materials (CVs / Case studies / Credentials).
Key responsibilities include:
- Collection and storage of key project content, including Business development materials, Benchmarking information, Lessons Learned, and other project deliverables – this is a core element of the role
- Maintaining project and proposal trackers, ensuring content accuracy and cohesiveness – supporting analysis of the tracker data if / when required
- Proactively reaching out to project teams at the project outset to gather key information about the engagement and inform teams about the Knowledge capture process and expectations
- Supporting the Knowledge Management team in responding to information requests for Business development and project materials
- Monitoring content to ensure it is aligned with client confidentiality and GDPR guidelines, and repurposing materials when necessary
- Maintaining best-of business development decks by proactively adding new credentials and case studies
- Coordinating with the team to develop quarterly Knowledge newsletters and other communications
- Working closely with Subject Matter Expert (SME) communities to maintain up-to-date content on their SharePoint communication sites
In general, the Knowledge Intern will aim to ensure the structure, coverage and quality of content in Efficio’s proprietary knowledge system is suitable and current, will proactively help project teams to locate the most relevant content, will ensure new or updated materials are captured and suitably filed upon project completion and that the quality of the material is compliant with internal guidelines.
Please note the role described above is not exhaustive but provides a good indication of what is expected of the candidate – the scope will evolve with the needs of our business and our knowledge organisation.
Please also note that this is an entry-level role and training will therefore be provided to the candidate upon joining the company and ongoing.
The candidate needs to be a self-starter and have the interpersonal skills to liaise with the whole community of internal clients, such as consultants who create and use Knowledge content.
Teamwork skills are essential, as are being able to provide support and take direction.
Specifically, we expect a Knowledge Intern to demonstrate the following:
- An interest in Knowledge / Information Management
- Degree qualified
- Confident communicator, able to provide summary view of complex material succinctly
- Able to understand Efficio’s business and apply context to Knowledge related activities
- Proficient in the use of MS Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail and motivation to suggest new ideas and see tasks through to completion
- Very good organisation and time management skills
- A self-starter with a proactive and enquiring approach, and is prepared to challenge
- Ability to work in teams and take direction – with a service-oriented mindset
- Ability to prioritise own work based on a constantly evolving situation
- Commitment to success and team delivery
- Degree in Information Management, Library Science or any other Social Sciences degree.
- Fluent in European languages such as German, Italian, French and Spanish
- Phone interview with Bright Network
- First round interview with Efficio
- Final round interview with Efficio
The shortlist will be filled on a rolling basis and applications may close earlier than advertised, so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre.
For more information and guidance please visit: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/ask-for-adjustments-at-interview