Graduate Project Manager Birmingham 2024
Egis is a leading global consulting, construction engineering and operating firm. We work hand-in-hand with our clients across every aspect of transport, energy and the built environment to build a more balanced, sustainable and resilient world. We hold 50+ years of experience and have a worldwide workforce of over 18,000 people.
As industry leaders we hold ourselves responsible for today’s biggest challenges; fighting climate change, the digital transition and meeting the needs of growing populations. We do this by designing smart, green infrastructure, transport and buildings, creating a sustainable future for communities everywhere. Joining our group means, above all, sharing our values as a people-first company, strongly committed to sustainability and innovation.
Egis Transport Solutions, a business unit of the Egis Group, brings together all of the necessary expertise for guided urban transport and heavy rail: systems, automation, rolling stock, safety, equipment, civil engineering and environment.
We believe the key to our ongoing growth and success is the development and nurturing of enthusiastic, ambitious graduates who are excited by the daily unique challenges we tackle across our organisation and want to join us in making a positive impact across the globe.
Your role in the rail sector
Joining Egis in the UK as a graduate means you will become part of our Graduate Program, a tailored training schedule that supports you as you begin your career with us, giving you the skills to excel and achieve your goals. We support you in fostering connections with colleagues from across the country through a variety of training and development sessions, networking lunches, site visits and technical training.
This is a fantastic time for anyone looking for their first step career-wise, working for a company that values their employee’s opinions and career aspirations.
Your graduate journey will start in one of our core functions of Project Management
Over the course of your graduate journey, you’ll be rotated through all the core functions of project management to make sure you have that common understanding to be able to help our clients succeed by providing balanced, informed and expert advice. You will receive intensive training so that you start to understand the railway in the UK, whilst also developing a personal development plan with your line manager.
If you join our Graduate programme, you'll specialise in rail and other significant national infrastructure. You will visit our current project locations observing various stages of the project lifecycle, meeting the teams whilst also getting to know the other functions that support the business, such as finance, HR, and business development.
You will receive intensive training so that you start to understand the railway in the UK, whilst also developing a personal development plan with your line manager.
Rotations within the first 2 years as an ETS graduate in Project Management could include:
- Working as an Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager supporting delivery of a range of station projects for Network Rail and Transport for Wales etc.
- Working as an Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager supporting delivery of various packages of work for Egis clients or directly for Egis
- Supporting Egis with internal initiatives and business improvement measures
- The opportunity to visit and share experiences with other Egis graduates across the global team and organisation
Some of our clients require that all colleagues working with them undertake a DBS check. We will advise you if this is necessary.
- Expecting to graduate with a minimum of 2:1 in Project Management, Business or Commerce, Engineering or a degree and a passion for Project Management
- You will be keen to work on a wide range of consultancy projects and other activities within engineering.
- Your written and verbal presentation skills must be of a high standard.
- Be able to clearly demonstrate your ability to analyse and distil information.
- Strong report-writing skills are a key requirement of this role.
- Have strong client interpersonal skills; it is important that you enjoy the prospect of client engagement whether in workshops, training sessions, one-to-one meetings or simply networking.
- A love of systems, processes and order, the ability to get people to work with you, resolve problems and reach agreement
- A focus on getting things done even when it feels difficult, to meet deadlines and targets, feel comfortable working with both complex numerical and technical language and information
The consultancy environment can be very fast-paced with opportunities emerging at very short notice that will require a flexible, agile approach to delivering excellence in consultancy services and meeting or exceeding client requirements.
To apply, please provide your CV and a Cover Letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role you have applied for.
You Must Have the Right To Work In The UK
We are committed to our planet
In each project we design, engineer and operate we care deeply about the legacy we’re leaving behind. As part of our team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to use your skills and expertise to shape a better future for our communities in the UK, and all around the globe.
Our commitment is translated in the work carried out by our Egis Foundation, which funds concrete actions to address the climate crisis and is focused on educational and social initiatives that will help in the responsible and sustainable shift towards a sustainable world.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, and we strive to build a workforce that truly reflects the communities we represent. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. If you decide to apply for an opportunity with us, your application will be assessed based purely on your experience, the essential and desirable criteria, and your suitability for the role. We value each and everyone’s contribution as this builds our culture and means that if you work with us, you will be included, listened to, and respected.