Arts & Entertainment Operations Coordinator
To assist with the operational management of events within the Arts and Entertainment portfolio, with specific focus on Winter Wonderland.
- Provide operational support for events within the Arts & Entertainment Portfolio with a specific focus on Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
- Responsible for the appointment, contracting and onsite management of various event contractors. This will include negotiation and writing of contracts and with a keen eye on budget management
- Responsible for booking artists for the onsite parade and planning the parade route
- Responsible for ensuring all contractors are classified correctly and engaged using the correct agreements and uploaded to the internal contractor system - Fieldglass - with support from the HR and Fieldglass team
- Liaising with the Operations Team, Health & Safety Team and Production Team pre-event to ensure all Health & Safety and compulsory documentation is submitted in advance of the event, whilst collating an up to date and accurate status report via the event database
- Provide administrative support to the operations and event management team such as the delivery of the training and meetings schedule and assisting in writing contracts, updating databases and keeping clear records of information
- Support in the delivery of online inductions, training, event accreditation and vehicle passes
- Responsible for the writing and updating of important operational documents such as information packs and handbooks
- Supporting the Logistics Manager and Operations Team onsite with the dissemination of resources such as uniforms and IT equipment
- Responsible for taking minutes in key safety meetings and debriefs as well as providing overall administrative support
- Supporting the Rides and Catering Managers with administrative tasks on site
- Assisting with day to day tasks on site including event opening checks and egress management
- Assist with the approval invoices and updating the operational budget accurately
- Any other duties within scope of the role that may be required
Key Results Areas
- Taking a proactive and responsible attitude to operational event administration
- Ensuring suppliers are appointed and managed effectively and that all costs are kept within budget
- Ensuring invoices are signed off in good time and the budget is updated accurately
- Ensuring contractor and trader paperwork is collated and reviewed in good time for the event
- Ensuring all contractors are classified and engaged correctly in line with IR35 and HMRC regulations
- Finding ways to improve pre-existing operational systems or improving the existing event offering
- Contributing to the team with new ideas or new approaches.
- Effectively plan ahead and organise work efficiently. Being able to meet deadlines and revenue projections while maintaining appropriate service levels and costs
- Consistent positive feedback from internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in production in outdoor/greenfield events
- A thorough understanding of the event operational delivery
- Experience of working with freelancers, contractors, suppliers and trader managers is highly desirable
- Experience of budget management, commercial awareness and keeping within approved spend limits
- Experience of working on event operational management software desirable but not essential.
Skills & Abilities (Personal and Professional)
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build long lasting working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to self-direct and motivate and work with minimal supervision
- A strong team player that is flexible dependent on business demand
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work calmly under pressure whilst meeting deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise in a dynamic working environment
- An effective leader with strong people management skills and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment when handling contractors onsite
- Ability to be commercially aware and solutions focused
- A strong confident negotiator who is creative and resourceful
- Educated to A Level, Degree or equivalent
- A holder of IOSH Managing Safety or equivalent is desirable
- This is a permanent position.
- Please note, remote working set up until lockdown restrictions have been lifted. Thereafter, the role would be based at Chiswick Park.
- Working hours are 9:30 – 17:30, Monday to Friday.
- Regular evening and weekend work during the winter period.
- Regular work outside on site Outside of event travel there will be a requirement to travel for meetings as part of the role.
Equal Opportunities Statement
IMG is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Arts & Entertainment
Arts and Entertainment produce a diverse range of events both in the UK and abroad, these projects are typically public facing entertainment. Projects include The Big Feastival (a music, food and family festival in the Cotswolds), Hampton Court Palace Festival, the Natural History Museum Ice Rink and Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.