Cyber Security Graduate Programme 2021
Energus is a training and conference facility based in West Cumbria. We facilitate award winning Graduate and Apprenticeship Programmes nationally, on behalf of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) and the wider nuclear industry. Energus has over 10 years’ experience managing Graduate and Apprenticeship Programmes across the UK. We address skills shortages across the nuclear industry and ensure a continuous pipeline of talent into the industry.
Cyber Security Graduate Programme
Following on from our previous success, we are looking to recruit our forth cohort of Cyber Security graduates to start with us in October 2021.
Skilled Cyber Security professionals are highly sought after by the nuclear industry and during this NDA funded programme you will develop your talent in the rapidly-growing Cyber Security sector. This programme is a platform for extraordinary individuals with strong problem-solving ability, flexibility, mobility and communication skills to get their cyber career in the nuclear industry off to a flying start.
The purpose of this role is to
- Address this critical skills shortage areas within the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) group
- To work to a high standard within the nuclear industry and fulfil all obligations in relation to the Cyber Security Graduate programme
Energus will support you to secure an interesting and stimulating role in the nuclear industry by providing:
- Exciting and challenging secondments across the nuclear sector, supply chain or Government bodies
- The opportunity to build a foundation of knowledge, skills and experience in critical areas of Cyber Security
- The opportunity to attend technical and behavioural training structured against your needs and those of the industry
As part of the programme you will be registered as a STEM ambassador, connecting you with young people and inspiring them to become the next generation of STEM professionals. You will engage with students to influence subject choices, highlight career paths and raise aspirations - this could be via school assemblies, coding clubs, careers events etc. In addition, you will work to inspire the UK's next generation of Cyber Security professionals by working with the Energus team to help deliver CyberFirst STEM courses to students.
Our graduate programme is open to graduates and post-graduates who are eligible to work in the UK (proof of right to work in the UK will be required).
The successful candidates will need to achieve UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Salary and Benefits
To support you on your development journey, Energus will provide you with:
- A starting salary of £26,000 per annum, plus a £1,000 joining bonus
- 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Access to the Energus contributory pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- A bespoke training and travel budget
Successful completion of this graduate development programme will open up a wide range of professional cyber security opportunities to you, including:
- Cyber Operations Manager
- Security Architect
- Penetration Tester
- Security Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Intelligence Researcher
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Information Security Analyst
- Governance & Compliance Analyst
This graduate development programme will cover a broad range technical and behavioural training and will provide you with the technical knowledge and understanding to be effective within your Cyber Security role.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply an understanding of cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigation to protect organisations and people.
- Work on areas such as security design and architecture, security testing, investigations & response (Cyber Security graduates with a technical focus)
- Work on areas such as operations, risk, governance and compliance (Cyber Security graduates with a risk analysis focus)
- Work to achieve required security outcomes in a legal and regulatory context and will develop and apply practical knowledge in information security to deliver solutions that fulfil organisations requirements (all Cyber Security graduates, irrespective of focus)
- Develop the technical skills needed to assist in the prevention of cyber-crime and help protect organisations against malware
- Gain an understanding of the NDA group and assist them in achieving their objectives by assessing the risks and recommending pragmatic security solutions
- Assist in the design and recommendation of security measures and controls that protect the NDA group without impacting unduly on its day to day operations
- Gain invaluable experience by learning challenging theory and applying this on-the-job
- Develop the knowledge and skills required, such as how to defend against attack techniques and sources of threat, risk management and building a security case, to equip you to be a future Cyber Security specialist
- Ensure compliance with GDPR (Data Protection)
We're looking for candidates with the following qualifications, skills, attitudes and behaviours:
- Essential - A minimum of a 2.2 degree in any subject
- Desirable - A minimum of a 2.2 degree in a Cyber Security or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) related subject
Skills, Attitudes and Behaviours
- An active interest in Cyber Security and an understanding of the threat landscape
- A good understanding of wider internet protocols
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Numerical skills
- Ability to work independently, use initiative and to take responsibility
- A thorough and organised approach with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations and with people at all levels
- Strong level of ICT skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
How to Apply
Application to this role is via the Energus Graduate and Apprentice Careers portal on the Energus website; the closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd May 2021. With regret, we are unable to consider any applications received after this date.
Our Four Stage Candidate Journey
Step One: Apply on-line
- Complete our on-line application form to help us understand more about you, your skills and experience. The job advertisement will give you a clear understanding of the requirements for the role.
Tip: Complete the application in full to ensure we get the clearest possible picture of you
Step Two: Situational Strengths and Numerical Reasoning Assessment
- Complete scenarios you could find yourself in as a Cyber Security Graduate; you’ll be asked to prioritise your action or response from a list of options provided.
Tip: Don’t overthink it, we’re looking for consistency in your mindset and approach.
Step Three: Video Interview
- Complete our Cyber Security Graduate video interview. This is your opportunity to bring your application to life. You can choose the time and place, and you can arrange to respond to questions at your own convenience.
Tip: Take advantage of opportunities to practice, whether this be with family and friends or via the practice question provided.
Step Four: Virtual Assessment Centre
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to join us for a one day virtual assessment centre, a full day event consisting of presentations, paired and group exercises and an interview.
Tip: Ensure you read the joining instructions carefully and give yourself time to complete and practise any material that you've been asked to prepare in advance.