Junior Environmental Consultant 2021
ERM is recruiting "early career" Junior Consultants’ for Environmental Consulting opportunities in locations across the UK and Ireland, to include London, Oxford, Bristol, Manchester, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Dublin.
We have junior roles opening up across numerous disciplines, including:
- Capital project delivery through environmental impact assessment (EIA), ecology assessment, and planning
- Operational performance through process safety, risk management and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) management systems
- Improving asset value through site investigation and site remediation
- Climate change advisory
- Safeguarding investments through due diligence on acquisition deals and/or environmental social governance (ESG)
The ideal candidate
We are particularly interested in hearing from applicants with a Masters level degree in science related subjects to include environmental or chemical engineering, geography, climate change, energy systems, environmental impact, sustainability and consulting, process safety or applied/business psychology. We are also looking for candidates with GIS skills to work across multiple teams.
Please include a cover letter with your CV, outlining why you are interested in a career in consulting, and what skills and behaviours you believe are critical to be successful in this role. Please also indicate your preferred UK office location.
- Proficiency in MS OfficePossess strong numeracy skills
- Ability to produce detailed and coherent written reports
- Comfortable with regular domestic travel as required (and international travel further on in your career)
- Fluency in another language is not mandatory, but beneficial
- A number of a junior roles will require 12-18 months relevant previous experience
What we offer
With a robust career framework in place, ERM is able to offer great opportunities for candidates just entering job market to advance their career within the business. Structured training around project management, core consulting skills development amongst other topics are offered to support our colleagues’ professional development as we continue to expand our teams across the UK & Ireland. ERM has a collaborative culture where entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and we offer flexible working.
If you are an enthusiastic team player, ambitious, hardworking, with a willingness to succeed, then we want to hear from you.
ERM aims to build an "inclusive culture" by identifying, acquiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce which reflects the diverse global marketplace in which we operate, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, physical attributes, educational background