Junior GIS Developer 2021
We are looking for a Junior GIS Developer to join us to help reduce technical risk by learning to evaluate and understand emerging technologies and how they could impact the ArcGIS system. This position will allow you to grow your skills and offers great progression opportunities.
We are a thriving company that offers its employees the security of working for a financially sound, market-leading, mapping technology company. We encourage collaboration and truly value the individual contributions each person makes, rewarding them with a generous bonus scheme and comprehensive benefits package.
Reporting to a Senior GIS Developer, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Spend 50% of your time developing your technical skills, giving you a thorough understanding of how our technology can be applied to solve customer problems
For the remaining 50% of your time you will:
- Evaluate emerging Esri technologies and understand how they could benefit our customers
- Support research projects, further building your understanding of ArcGIS
- Create written reports and presentations on research topics to develop your technical communication skills
- Use your knowledge of ArcGIS to help progress sales opportunities and support customer meetings by providing technical input, including demonstrations, presentations, and sales materials
- Support marketing campaigns
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of ArcGIS and wider IT industry developments
This would be a great role if you:
- Have a foundational understanding of ArcGIS
- Are interested in learning how GIS can enhance a business commercially
- Are comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Are organized and analytical, spotting patterns and questioning face-value patterns
- Have good communication skills and would be confident presenting to a variety of audiences
- All our roles will require successful candidates to undergo security clearances.
Whilst you will initially work from home, once they are open again you will be based at least some days every week at our head office in Aylesbury or our Edinburgh office (your choice). Our offices are easy to reach by both public transport and car and are near central shopping and dining areas.
We will reward you with:
- A good basic salary
- Fantastic development and career opportunities
- Company bonus scheme paying up to 20% per annum (based on company and personal achievements)
- Pension, Vitality healthcare scheme, gym contribution, cycle to work scheme. We believe as a company that we should give back wherever we can and therefore also offer volunteering opportunities, including MapAction.
Why Should You Apply?
Our continued success and the development and happiness of our people are interdependent. Apply today to join our collaborative team, committed to supporting and nurturing our clients and growing our business.
Please apply online via our website www.esriuk.com, including your CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations
Application deadline: 4th July 2021
Esri UK are an equal opportunity employer - we recognise the importance and value of having a diverse and inclusive team and the benefits that this can bring to both our employees and our customers