Health and Medical Solutions Sales Graduate Programme 2021
Do you want to kick-start a career with purpose and break barriers to improved well-being? Are you looking for a sales position in the medical and healthcare environment?
It is an exciting time to join Essity. We have a fast-growing health and medical solutions team in the UK and we are looking to take on graduates by September 2021 to help us commercially build for the longer term.
About the Role
These graduate sales roles are a great way to start to use those skills you have learned as a student and put them to the test in a real job with real responsibilities literally from the get-go and that you are ready to move to account management roles during the first year. Each graduate role is offered on a permanent contract, though for the first couple of years you will need to be extremely flexible as you will be moving between geographical teams on the UK mainland on average every 6 months. We believe this will give you the best start to grow your business knowledge and expertise. You will be home-based throughout and will be supported by your line manager, mentor and wider team. If you are an ambitious person looking to make an impact and willing to travel throughout the UK, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
We're looking for people who embody our values, aren't afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We're always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we'd love to talk.
What You Will Do
A career in Essity is about being inspired, challenging yourself and others, and being motivated to achieve your goals and try new things. You will be placed within our national UK sales team and your initial induction will include intense product training. We have several positions across the following areas and during your first 2 years you will rotate across business areas as well as geographical areas to develop knowledge and learn how we work together:
- Acute Care: Entirely Hospital focused bot in promoting products as well as training and educating clinicians on a wide range of products in areas that include Orthopaedics, Continence care and Acute Wound care.
- Vascular and Wound Care: Focused in both Hospital and Community settings with a greater emphasis on the latter. This area of the business has a large focus in Advanced Wound Care, Lymphology and Phlebology, all of which require specific product selling and the related training and education
- Care at Home – this is our continence care solution for people in their own homes or care home setting.
- Care for Business – focused on wholesalers and distributors, veterinary practices and pharmacies
We have some of the UK’s most recognisable brands and our Health and Medical Solutions division focuses on wound care, continence care, orthopaedic solutions and lymphology care, including the brands Cutimed, Leukomed, TENA, Delta, Actimove and JOBST. We supply the NHS as well as other medical and healthcare providers across the UK. As a graduate you will focus on Account Management as well as Commercial Excellence. The focus of this exciting opportunity will be to analyze and foster our very successful business across these different brands in order to achieve designated sales targets by developing profitable business with new and existing customers. You will be building relationships with a wide range of customers – distributors, wholesalers, nurses, sisters, Matrons, Heads of Department, GP surgeries, Health centres, veterinary nurses to name but a few.
The key focus areas will initially be:
- Assist in the customer’s relationships within selected customers by running defined projects and support the day-to-day operations.
- Monitor competitor activity in each customer and participate in the development and implementation of appropriate activities.
- Join customer visits.
- Support in delivering critical decision-making tools to sales & marketing that are dynamic/interactive, robust/flexible and financially insightful.
- Learn how to use our sales systems, databases and market figures.
- Independently manage a number of accounts.
Who You Are
To be a successful graduate at Essity you need to have an interest in developing and leading yourself, a curiosity to learn new things and an ability to inspire people to achieve things together. With your solution-oriented approach you are eager to make a difference and have the courage to act on own ideas. You are a great networker and communicator who thrives in a changing environment.
- Minimum Bachelor degree completed at program start – ideally in either a business related discipline, or biomedical or science based subject.
- Maximum 24 months of work experience after graduation. Work experience is not required, but appropriate internships in industry is an advantage particularly in business sales or acute/social care.
- Full UK driving licence
- Engaging and effective communicator, with strong English language skills
- Strong learning agility and ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to develop strong and effective relationships within a business/work/study context
- A willingness to travel on a daily basis within allocated territory and further afield as required for training/meetings.
- A willingness to relocate at start and during initial first 2 years (approximately every 6 months)
These graduate positions are a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within the health and medical arena. There is a great supportive team to welcome you, willing to share their knowledge and expertise and nurture you as you gain experience.
What We Can Offer You
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose. With a competitive starting salary, company car, bonus opportunity, pension (10% employer contribution) and holidays starting at 27 days + BHs, this is an opportunity to really kick start your career in sales.
Please note that these opportunities are separate to Essity’s global GO! Graduate program.
Essity kindly but firmly declines direct contact with recruiting and staffing agencies, as well as job advertising sellers.
Collaborative and Caring Culture | Empowerment & Engaged People | Work with Impact and A Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning & Career Growth | Health & Safety Priority | Sustainable Value Together| Innovation| Sustainable Working Life | Total Reward
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.