Technology Summer Internship Programme 2024
At the FCA, we regulate the conduct of nearly 50,000 businesses in the UK to ensure that our financial markets are honest, competitive and fair. Our ambition is to become a more innovative, more assertive and more adaptive regulator; one that fully capitalises on data and technology, ensures consumer protection and market integrity, and responds well to the challenges we face.
We’re looking for interns to join our diverse and highly capable teams across the FCA
About the internship
- 10 weeks
Financial services regulation is constantly changing, impacting the way in which we regulate. To support this, we deliver a large and varied portfolio of change programmes, implementing new regulatory directives and the required information technology services. If you join the Technology Summer Internship you’ll support colleagues to help manage the impact of such change on the organisation, its processes, and people. You’ll be aligned to one of our five departments: Core Technology, Regulatory Systems, Tech Resilience, Tech Enablement and Strategy and Architecture.
You could be involved with the following
Strategy and Architecture
- Supporting the planning and prioritisation of the strategic change portfolio
- Coordinating design governance forums
- Developing investment cases for future projects
- Supporting our Cloud and DevOps team
- End User Computing
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Infrastructure Product Group
- Quality Engineering
- Market Intelligence and Enforcement
- Data and Analytics
- Resource planning and communication
- Risk Management
- Capability Acceleration
- Supplier management
- Service operations
- Cyber Security
At the end of the internship you’ll have gained experience in your allocated area of Technology and experienced working with diverse groups of stakeholders to solve real-world business problems. And, if you’re successful, you could be offered a place on our Graduate Programme in 2025.
What we look for
To be eligible, you’ll be in your penultimate year at university and on course for a 2:1 degree or above. Whilst we’re flexible about your type of degree, you’ll need to demonstrate a passion for technology.
Throughout the internship you’ll gain exposure to a wide variety of business areas working to ensure the solutions to complex business problems drive change and support the FCA’s mission. You’ll need to be analytical, commercially minded and customer-focused to thrive in this dynamic environment. And, as the challenges are multi-faceted, working collaboratively across teams is a must.
What we offer
We’re committed to making the FCA a great place to work. We do this by:
- Providing a rewarding environment, recognising that our people are motivated by meaningful work
- Maintaining a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, allowing people to develop and progress without barriers
- Looking after the well-being of our people, ensuring that they are safe and well and appropriately cared for
- Promoting an environment in which people are valued and respected
At the FCA you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. We offer all our summer interns:
- A competitive salary of £24,000 (pro-rata)
- A bespoke induction in the first week of the summer internship programme to introduce you to what we do at the FCA and our place in the Financial Services landscape
- Access to a skills training path to support you through your internship and beyond
- Completion of a financial services related project that benefits the local community, which you will present to a senior panel of judges towards the end of your internship
- Opportunity to hear from senior speakers across the business
- Lunch and learn sessions to widen your knowledge of the FCA divisions and their work
- Social opportunities to network and engage with your intern cohort
- We only accept ONE application per person for our 2024 programmes, therefore, please apply to your first-choice programme. Any additional applications will not be progressed.
- For the 2024 Summer Internship Programme , please submit your online application by Sunday 10th December 2023. However, we recruit on a rolling basis and therefore encourage early applications.
- Applicants must in their penultimate year of study and on track to achieve a minimum 2:1 degree from any university.
- Your application and any work you submit throughout the recruitment process must be all your own. You will not allow another person to complete any parts of the assessment nor submit responses provided or generated by an AI assistant or other similar software.