Editorial Assistant Manchester 2021
Fishawack Health is the leading global commercialisation partner for the modern life sciences era. Powered by a globe-spanning pack of strategic, creative, and scientific experts, we are driven to connect patients and healthcare professionals with the knowledge they need to live better lives.
Our three core operating units—Commercial, Consulting, and Medical Communications—can be leveraged individually but are designed for dynamic collaboration, with expert teams intentionally and uniquely assembled for each project. By bringing together best-in-class capabilities from around the world, we empower our clients—global pharmaceutical, medical device manufacturers, and emerging biotech and healthcare companies—to navigate the most complex of ecosystems while embarking on a faster, more efficient path to developing, launching, and growing their brands and portfolios.
Our internationally recognised, award-winning teams collaborate across operations in the UK (Brighton, London, Manchester, Knutsford, Dublin and Oxford) and USA (Evansville, New York, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Scottsdale, St. Louis, and San Diego).
About the role
Provide support for editorial assignments, including proofreading work; reference retrieval; permissions acquisition; preparation of submission packages for manuscripts, reference binders, slides, and other editorial assignments; complete assignments on deadline; update project database, as requested; performs administrative functions, as needed.
What you'll do
- Maintain regular and accurate updates for publications and related projects
- Effectively coordinate reference retrieval
- Conduct appropriate literature searches for editors, sales personnel, and publications managers based on supplied search criteria
- Accurately and effectively compile and track information on congresses and meetings, journals, and opinion leaders through online searches, telephone calls, faxes, etc
- Accurately prepare journal submission packages for editors
- Accurately proofread draft and final layouts, presentations, electronic documents, etc against copy edited manuscript or layout
- Manage project files and archiving on assigned projects; file paper and electronic documents based on company guidelines in an organised manner
- Create documents per client/journal/manager/society specifications that are visually appealing with no errors
- Effectively prepare documents for layout, including collating, coding, indicating special design features, highlighting symbols or foreign accents, numbering art, etc
- Maintain permissions work related to applicable projects. Request, compile, and track information pertaining to obtaining permission to reuse borrowed/previously published materials in a complete, neat and orderly manner
- Accurately maintain this information in a central database and run appropriate status reports as requested in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in life sciences, English, or communications preferred
- Ideally 1+ years experience in the editorial process, publication development, preferably including project management knowledge
- Knowledge of online reference-retrieval tools
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in Internet and PubMed searches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
What we offer
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop and tailor your career towards your preferred route, be that scientific delivery, operational, or client service. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.